Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
im doing it and finished the center console. but it came out bad cause the material is rubbing on each other so i have to lift/push the panel up for it to open. does anyone know how to remove these doors/panels separately? so i can wrap it better?

edit: i know how to take the center cubby, "not an ashtray" assembly, shifter panel apart. i was just wondering if i can take off the center cubby rotating door and the doors for the not an ashtray and the power socket apart.

·
Maverick_Supersonic
1,706 Posts
that looks really good. i never thought about doing that. but after you remove the cig. lighter/ coin tray. there are 2 screws that hold the cubby in.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks but I know how to take everything apart. I was just wondering if I can take the actual door on the cubby off the box and the doors on the not a ashtray/power outlet off the assembly.

·
Elplaguitaftw
83 Posts
That looks pretty good man! Im thinking about doing the same, i will check it out tomorrow and see if i can help you out!

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I Know how to take the center assemblies apart... I just need to know if the DOORS can be taken off the assemblies.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Quick question. How did you do it? Did you use the primer that they recommend you to use?
Mine was just like a piece of cloth, clean panels with alcohol, spray with the 3m adhesive, stick the "CF" on, squeegee any imperfections and trim.

Mine was Neffy wrap btw

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
you just pry it off. from the thin part, where theres a hole for you to pull the door shut, stick a small flat head and pry it up, its only held on by a couple clips, after the panels off, you just unplug the switch assembly and there are like two screws that holds the assembly to the panel.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Why not just get the v6 6spd interior? That's what I did lol.

·
Visionary
265 Posts
@OP: I tried to separate the doors from the assemblies and couldn't do it without damaging them. You can take the veneer off, but again, on the large cubby you have a very small margin of error to avoid damage as they are glued together and the glue holds firm as well as the plastic itself (my heat gun warped the plastic veneer part before I could soften the glue enough to pry it off)

·
Registered
59 Posts
Just did this to my interior with TCBunny 4D Carbon Fiber Vinyl Wrap off Amazon.
Awesome cheap upgrade!
All that is needed to take the front pannel off the cubby; remove the screws(make sure you get all of them), pry up the side with your fingers and slide in a small flat head or window seal puller(my tool of choice) toward the center of the cubby and twist it slightly and sliding it slightly further between each turn, it will start to deboned the glue until the front pops off.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts