Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I has aftermarket black housed headlights and I i bought the 9005 and 9006 sylvania ultra's and have know idea how to install them.. The bulbs doesn't simply come out.. it has screws and what not... yes i am knew to the entire experience but i appreciate the help.. thanks

·
ExSlammed Club Member #52
1,454 Posts
The bulbs should just turn and come out of he headlights. I used to release the socket from the bulb first, then turn and pull the bulb out of the headlight. I dont know why the bulbs would not just come out? :confused:

·
Registered
790 Posts
it should twist counter clockwise, if i remember correctly. first, unplug the socket, this might take awhile. after that, twist it as hard as you can and it should come out.

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
b2theran1 said:
I has aftermarket black housed headlights and I i bought the 9005 and 9006 sylvania ultra's and have know idea how to install them.. The bulbs doesn't simply come out.. it has screws and what not... yes i am knew to the entire experience but i appreciate the help.. thanks
ive heard alot of people wasting money on sylvania bulbs... people complained the bulbs blew out anywhere from 1 to 6 or 7 months after installing them

·
Registered
635 Posts
Champaned_out said:
ive heard alot of people wasting money on sylvania bulbs... people complained the bulbs blew out anywhere from 1 to 6 or 7 months after installing them
I've heard this, too. But, I decided to buy a pair of Silver Star Ultras anyway. They are said to last 30% longer than the previous model, so I thought it was worth a try. I have had them for about 9 months now and haven't had a problem.

I should also mention that they really do light the road much better than the OEM bulbs I had (certainly no retro, though). I live in a suburban area with dark streets and a lot of deer, so the light really helps. Eventually I would like to go retro, but I cannot afford the time or money right now.

·
Banned
4,655 Posts
can't rmember the last time i had OEM bulbs...but comparing oem stanley 9006 bulbs to the ricer bulbs... they r WAY larger and thicker glass bulb! im not even sure if my 8000k hids have more lite or less lite output then stock oem bulbs?

·
Registered
790 Posts
Jaegray09 said:
I've heard this, too. But, I decided to buy a pair of Silver Star Ultras anyway. They are said to last 30% longer than the previous model, so I thought it was worth a try. I have had them for about 9 months now and haven't had a problem.

I should also mention that they really do light the road much better than the OEM bulbs I had (certainly no retro, though). I live in a suburban area with dark streets and a lot of deer, so the light really helps. Eventually I would like to go retro, but I cannot afford the time or money right now.
have you tried the 9005 to 9006 conversion yet? meaning, having a high beam bulb inside the low beam housing? that's what i'm using right now and it helps probably about 20%-30% better than low beam. it's not hard at all. all you need to do is dremel the center piece of your socket and that's it. the fitment is perfect.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
whats is my best bet on hooking up these cheap fog lights i bought at my local car store... they are listed as blazer's hid style... i really dont know where to run the wires.

·
MASTER OF MAYHEM
822 Posts
jdm_dynasty said:
have you tried the 9005 to 9006 conversion yet? meaning, having a high beam bulb inside the low beam housing? that's what i'm using right now and it helps probably about 20%-30% better than low beam. it's not hard at all. all you need to do is dremel the center piece of your socket and that's it. the fitment is perfect.

Ya, do this its worth it, cheap lighting upgrade.....it works great, there is a positive difference in the lighting output.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts