Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I have a tough decision on what I want to buy as my first car. I can't decide on what I want to buy, I have a good 5-7 grand to spend I just don't know what to spend it on. Couple people suggested on me buying a Honda Accord Ex Coupe, Mitsubishi Eclipse, or go with the car i wanted which was the Nissan 300zx(but then again.. insurance will be way high so I don't think ill get this car).

What do you guys recommend?

·
Registered
83 Posts
def. don't go for the eclipse. i would rec. on saving your money some more and getting a wrx or evo. it will be much better in the long run.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
friedRICE said:
def. don't go for the eclipse. i would rec. on saving your money some more and getting a wrx or evo. it will be much better in the long run.
Well im thinking bout getting a Honda Civic ex coupe now or a Honda Accord coupe.. not sure though.
Theres no way im going to be able to afford a wrx or evo at this time, especially at my age when im gettin paid 8/hr.

·
Registered
704 Posts
Are you planning to go to college? If you are, i say get yourself a decent used car and save the rest of the money...drive the beater for a few yrs until you grad from college then get yourself a new car. You might not be as "pimp" right now BUT later on you'll have a sweet ride.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Akord02 said:
Are you planning to go to college? If you are, i say get yourself a decent used car and save the rest of the money...drive the beater for a few yrs until you grad from college then get yourself a new car. You might not be as "pimp" right now BUT later on you'll have a sweet ride.
Yea.. thats why i wasnt on planning on buying a new car.

·
Registered
704 Posts
If you want to lower your insurance try to stay away from hondas. Honda has higher insurance rates...especially for teenagers.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Akord02 said:
If you want to lower your insurance try to stay away from hondas. Honda has higher insurance rates...especially for teenagers.
It kinda depends on where you live too now doesnt it?
I bet its not going to cost nearly as much as it would of if i had bought a 300zx(this is rates for even a n/a)

Nissan 300zx Insurance Rates(I received these rates from my parents insurance guy)

Without Discounts:

6 months - 2,205.82 dollars
1 month - 367.00 dollars

With Discounts(good gpa over 3.0, Driving school):

6 months - 1,126.99 dollars
1 month - 187.00 dollars

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well ive decided..

Civic Or Accord

Now which one is better?
Id like to know why its better

Edit: If i got one itd between the years of 95-99

·
Registered
88 Posts
Go for the Accord. I have a 95 Accord EX V6, paid $5500 for it with 54K miles. Now has 78K miles and still going strong. Great car for he money.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Som95ACCORD said:
Go for the Accord. I have a 95 Accord EX V6, paid $5500 for it with 54K miles. Now has 78K miles and still going strong. Great car for he money.
Heh yea... im really having a tough decision on what to buy, people keep telling me accord other people tell me civic.. ugh its just so hard.

If i can't find a decent accord for sale around me then i might just get a civic.. Who knows im still pondering and id like more opinions based on how people run with the cars.

·
Pedal damn it
3,913 Posts
If you like roomy vechiles, the Accord is your choice. The V6 (coupe/sedan)(6gen 98-02) should provide you with enough power to enjoy. Although, there's stories about their trannies - who knows... I have an I-4. (I hope it last me forever :))
But if you get the 4 cyclinder Accord, try to get a manual. It's fun. :) But it'll be real slow, so be prepared for that.

But as for a Civic, get a coupe Si. I like those and maybe you'll like them too. They're descent and aftermarket parts for them shouldn't be a problem for you. :) I think they're faster than the 6gen Accords? Anyone verify this? Iono.

I got my Accord and I'm contempt. I would've gone for an RSX though.
That's my 2cents.

Som95ACCORD said:
Go for the Accord. I have a 95 Accord EX V6, paid $5500 for it with 54K miles. Now has 78K miles and still going strong. Great car for he money
Wow, what a steal. Props. That's a great price for the mileage. :eek:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
whoagorgeous said:
If you like roomy vechiles, the Accord is your choice. The V6 (coupe/sedan)(6gen 98-02) should provide you with enough power to enjoy. Although, there's stories about their trannies - who knows... I have an I-4. (I hope it last me forever :))
But if you get the 4 cyclinder Accord, try to get a manual. It's fun. :) But it'll be real slow, so be prepared for that.

But as for a Civic, get a coupe Si. I like those and maybe you'll like them too. They're descent and aftermarket parts for them shouldn't be a problem for you. :) I think they're faster than the 6gen Accords? Anyone verify this? Iono.

I got my Accord and I'm contempt. I would've gone for an RSX though.
That's my 2cents.

Wow, what a steal. Props. That's a great price for the mileage. :eek:
Edit: Im also in a 7,000$ limit or so yea..

I really would like to get an accord.. but damn I can't find any of them in the right price around my area.. (I've been looking through autotrader).. All ive found really is a stock load of civics in my area.

Like this one..
http://autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?c...ed&advanced=&start_year=1995&isp=y&cardist=20

·
Pedal damn it
3,913 Posts
^ I think you'll want something... under 80,000 mileage for your range. Over 100,000 is skeptical, I'd say.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well I've been looking, and I'll either be buying a car this month or next month, and I can't seem to find a accord for sale that fits what I need. Ill try some auto trader magazines but for now autotrader.com hasn't helped much with Accords.

Eh as long as the insurance doesnt get over 300$ a month im fine

·
central Cali accords
2,747 Posts
My friend Pete has a 94 Honda Prelude heavily modded with like 100,000 miles on the chassi and 20,000 on the motor.. $ 8k

Also an earlier 93-96 Chevy S-10, custom green, green tailights, foglights, grill, back seats taken out for subs with 3 amps, and the bed of the truck is custom carpeting with a bed cover. $ 6k

1 - 20 of 22 Posts