Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know which is the driver side relay? my headlamp does not turn on even with a new bulb, i checked the wires but they look good, also sometime they just come on and then suddenly they just turn off. i think it might be the relay unless someone has a better idea :confused: cause im all out :confused:

·
registered n00b
2,769 Posts
have you checked your headlamp fuse? look in your owners manual for the exact location, it shoudl be in the engine bay fusebox.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Never mind i found the problem, the contactors for the plug that goes into the bulb is burnt.
i used some best buy redlines and i guess the wattage was to high and the plug couldnt handle them. now i need to buy a new plug and splice it in for my headlamp to work. ill post pics of the burnt plug after i take it out....

·
registered n00b
2,769 Posts
interesting. it'd be good for us to see the pictures to discourage ppl from using those super high wattage hyperwhites! 80w in a 55w housing.. retards.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sumptimwong said:
interesting. it'd be good for us to see the pictures to discourage ppl from using those super high wattage hyperwhites! 80w in a 55w housing.. retards.
did you just call me a retard? :mad:

i learned my lesson the hard way i know but thats why were all here to learn from others mistakes, and by the way, no one here told me not to use those bulbs. instead some have told me to use the mtec 80w bulbs. ill post the pics sunday after i replace them... ;)

·
registered n00b
2,769 Posts
yikes, no offense intended! what i should have said is that "well-informed bulb buyers would know to avoid this mistake!" ;D

thanks for kindly sharing your lesson learned with us, and let it be a lesson for the others who might be considering high wattage bulbs!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts