Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have been seeing many Black Housing Head Light pictures around the forum, but i couldnt really find a thread that gives directions on how to make the housing. is there such a place where i can see how its done? thanks..

·
i<3 my P.O.S.
652 Posts
maybe maybe not but i am in the process of doing mine...Its fairly easy you jusy have to take teh headlight apart and paint what you wnat black thats all with high temp paint...i'll post some picture when i am done

·
6MT
1,195 Posts
i think... u preheat ur oven to some degree and put headlights in for 5-10 min and take it out

the silicon that holds the headlight housing together should be losen and u can ply ur headlights apart. Paint w/e and after u done,.... i dunno the rest ;P

·
Registered
298 Posts
Ok it is really easy to do this mod. All you have to do is preheat you oven to 350. When you oven gets to the temp stick your headlights in for 4 mins. Your silicone should be soft by then. Pry your headlights apart. I used a flat head screw driver and just worked my was around the headlight. Paint your headlight with hight temp paint. Use your desired color. It really isnt that hard. If you have anymore q's than send me a pm.

·
i<3 my P.O.S.
652 Posts
here mine been sitting in my closet finally got the time to do it ...I use high heat flat black paint but i don't know if i should do like a semi gloss clear or a high gloss on it or jsut leave it the way it is

these are going to be regular projector high beam whit ACURA TL Bi xenon for low/high and CCFL andgel eyes

1 - 7 of 7 Posts