Accord V6 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been reading a few things about HID kits for the accord and I've concluded that only way to do it right is to do a retrofit. However, I'm poor white trash, have car payments and gas to buy. So I came up with this solution. I thought about buying an HID kit and replaceing my High Beams with an HID kit. Then I would just get silverstars or something for the low. My theory is, whenever I really want light, I'll just flood with my highbeams. I know the glare will be unreal but I can just turn them off and rely on silverstars if a car is on the way. Has anyone done this? Anyone who sees something that I'm missing please let me know. Also I openly take criticism and don't cry about it so if my idea is whack then say so. But then suggest something better.

Guard

·
Registered
370 Posts
I think it is kinda whack... First off silverstars sucks.. I've had em many times.. They burn out quick.. If u are looking to do it cost effective get the plug and play kit like u are talking about, but don't put em in ur highs.. Why would u want them in there??? I'd rather just have the hid on the lows, so I get great light all the time.. I've had a kit in mine for close to a year and they are still going great.. The glare isn't as bad as some other makes.. Just remember to aim ur lights down a bit..

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
IvtecV6_ACCORD said:
I think it is kinda whack... First off silverstars sucks.. I've had em many times.. They burn out quick.. If u are looking to do it cost effective get the plug and play kit like u are talking about, but don't put em in ur highs.. Why would u want them in there??? I'd rather just have the hid on the lows, so I get great light all the time.. I've had a kit in mine for close to a year and they are still going great.. The glare isn't as bad as some other makes.. Just remember to aim ur lights down a bit..

So are your lows white and your highs are stock halogen yellowish?

·
-Brian
8,607 Posts
hehe not really a good idea, not even sure if it wud fit, plus its not good to turn on and off ur HIDS within a minute. and Usually u use high beams to flicker to sumone some sort of notion

·
yeaaaaaa
294 Posts
yeah man, idea does seem sorta whack. just put the hid's in ur low's and have them on all the time. you wouldnt be able to use high beam hid's on the freeway cause of the traffic in the opposite direction, even on streets. where would u use it?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
so do you have white HID low and then yellow halogens high beams? I'd like some sort of color uniformity between high and low beams. Also are the projectors going to give me better light on the road or are they just to try and control the glare and keep other cars from going blind?

·
oSCaR
4,919 Posts
save your money and do it right the first time, your car diserves it :D forget the hi-beams, you'll never use them if you have the right stuff in your low-beam imo.

·
indoctidiscant
3,790 Posts
keep the silverstars in your high beams. my low beams silverstars are ridiculous, and my hi beam silverstars make baby jesus cry they are so bright..

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
^ agreed. Low-beams = HID, High-beams = Silverstars or something better. Projector retrofit for HID or if you're in a hurry and don't want to blow the bank, just get a good-quality rebased kit. The glare is not eye-blistering if you aim properly and don't buy anything over 5000K.

·
Old Member
8,915 Posts
stupidest idea i ever heard plus its a waste of money if youre using it on your high beams.

·
Registered
179 Posts
You can get a d2r hid to fit on a 9006 socket rebased. The d2r has shields to cutdown the glare but I would still aim the headlight down. If you look at the last generations of Acura TL and Lexus is300, they have no projectors but they use the d2r bulbs. I think that's your best bet if you don't wanna retrofit.

·
Registered
763 Posts
terrylee79 said:
You can get a d2r hid to fit on a 9006 socket rebased. The d2r has shields to cutdown the glare but I would still aim the headlight down. If you look at the last generations of Acura TL and Lexus is300, they have no projectors but they use the d2r bulbs. I think that's your best bet if you don't wanna retrofit.
they had reflectors designed for the d2r hid bulb, our cars have halogen reflectors.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts