Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
ClubbingDirectory
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hi guys...
i cud swear i saw a thread here before where somebody put an eye lid/lip on top of the head light (like BMWs) which made the lights look VERY aggressive and nice.. i searched for it alot but cudn' find anythin.. nybody else has any clues where it could be?! or wut keyboards i cud search with?!
Thanks guys

·
Registered
956 Posts

·
ClubbingDirectory
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
ohh i see!! daymn.. those 2 r ugly though! :S i liked couple of the ones that ppl appareantly proposed and created.. one looked VERY SEXI AND AGGRESSIVE! almost making the headlights look like TL's.
anyhow.. i guess i'll b waitting for somethin more solid to come out.. lets jus cross the fingers and hope somethin comes out faster.. sooner...
tnx anyway man

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
yeah i think eph posted his car with a photoshoped eyelid.. it looks good, but that piece that bumps out on the headlight seems to be a problem.
i dont understand y not just tint it(for black cars)? people seem to use that tint spray on the tail lights, just use it on the taillights till it's dark (several layers). and i guess for silver, red, etc... cars buy paint from tower(i think that's who) and spray paint it. if it comes out ugly can't it just be removed with thinner or something??

·
Your Mom Drives a Honda
1,999 Posts
i think the advantage to ones that are film is the fact that if it comes down to a state inspection, those would be easier to remove than the paint...and the film ones could be installed easily while on the car while the painted ones would either be a PITA to do on the car or have to be dismantled to put on and definately dismantled to take off (to prevent getting paint thinner on the car paint..)

·
ClubbingDirectory
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
joedanger11 said:
like this one, right?

YEYEYEYEYE!!! thas wut im talkin about.. .so is that photoshoped?! :confused: :(

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
clubbinto said:
YEYEYEYEYE!!! thas wut im talkin about.. .so is that photoshoped?! :confused: :(

yup. :D

cant u tell.. the buildings are replicated in the reflections on the eyelids... also.. i doubt it would as good as that if using vinyl or paint (unless OEM NHBP paint) cause the gloss and smoothness wouldnt be the same as the car paint.

·
ClubbingDirectory
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
joedanger11 said:
yup. :D

cant u tell.. the buildings are replicated in the reflections on the eyelids... also.. i doubt it would as good as that if using vinyl or paint (unless OEM NHBP paint) cause the gloss and smoothness wouldnt be the same as the car paint.
okay.. i realli can't belive that this is a photoshop job.. :eek:
trippin me out badly..
nyhow i realli wanna do that. if i cud pull it off in anyway, i wudn' wanna get a diff headlight, i'd stik to OEM as it looks sik in there.
any possible ways to pull that off?!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Sorry, I photoshoped someones pic here. Anyways, would these brows look good? I was thinking it would need to reveal a portion of the signals so the light can escape...

·
Registered
751 Posts
that looks pretty nice, i got some on my 6th gen and i love them, much more aggressive. i got them because it was an extra 20 bucks on my mugen lip order so im like hell if they dont look good its 20 bucks downt he drain.

·
Registered
58 Posts
wg2k7 said:
that looks pretty nice, i got some on my 6th gen and i love them, much more aggressive. i got them because it was an extra 20 bucks on my mugen lip order so im like hell if they dont look good its 20 bucks downt he drain.
That lip looks good.. and not to knock but a suggestion... lower the points where you mounted the lip on the backside(end) of the bumper about 1/2 inch or so to make the lip look level. Just a suggestion. I've installed hundreds of these things, if the biggest reason for these is because it hung out(away) from the end of the bumper slightly, just use a shim. You can use a piece of plastic. Again just a suggestion.... looks real good though!

·
Registered
751 Posts
i4CarbonCoupe said:
That lip looks good.. and not to knock but a suggestion... lower the points where you mounted the lip on the backside(end) of the bumper about 1/2 inch or so to make the lip look level. Just a suggestion. I've installed hundreds of these things, if the biggest reason for these is because it hung out(away) from the end of the bumper slightly, just use a shim. You can use a piece of plastic. Again just a suggestion.... looks real good though!
never saw this til now, and about 2 weeks after installing it semi crooked, i readjusted it and it looks fine now (except for the big crack in it...)

·
Registered
89 Posts
If they did make an eyelid for this car it might go over the "bump" on the headlight, do you think that would look ok or would it have to be above that?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts