Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
565 Posts
Damn, that's bloody awesome. Now if only I had the guts to do it myself. :) I would be interested in getting the rattles out of the door.

·
Registered
429 Posts
you guys are da bomb!

damn headliner.....:banghead:

·
^bump

Mods/sys admins: Scottee put a hell of a lot of time into this, and many 7th genners b!tch about their headliner rattles...couldn't this be stickied for a little while? :confused:

·
Registered
14,633 Posts

·
Eccenpix
1,862 Posts
I think I can take stuff apart but don't think I'll be able to put them back together :p

·
Registered
612 Posts
this is awesome post but this is a tough job. Too many things to take apart.

Like us with no experience on doing this thing, we might screw things up more than what were trying to accomplished like breaking some clips,plastic trimming or making the headliner dirty...

·
Give some props

I'm really surprised I don't see many people giving Scottee some props for this. SO many 7th genners complained about their headliner and SO few are thanking this guy for the time he took to share the info. :no:

Even if you don't feel up to the task of doing this DIY, maybe try to show some appreciation for a fellow member who tried to help you. :cheers:

Sorry for the lecture. :p

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
I think I'll have to use this someday... so thanks!!!

·
Registered
429 Posts
I think some one should send this to HOA!!! its their car. They should have a TSB on this, so that techs do this for us, instead of us DIOS. :rolleyes:

·
pomhonda said:
Scottee do you have the steps to do it on the sedans? If so that would be appreciated.
I'm sure Scottee can speak for himself, but I highly doubt it. What are the chances that he also owns the service manual for the sedan and has copied all the requisite pictures from that manual *and* is just waiting for someone to ask for it before he posts it?;)

·
Accord CP EX-V6-NAVI-TV
47 Posts
I DO have the service manual detailing the sedan, I could scan the pages you need, but I have a coupe, so I wouldnt be adding any hints, but Im sure its mostly the same.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I didn't have the energy to take down my entire headliner, so I just took down the front half by removing the sunvisors, map lights, and a-pillars. I stuck felt everywhere and also shoved some craft foam sheets in there.. and it's definitely silent now! Combined with my dynamatted doors, it sounds as close to a luxury car as I'm going to get with the time I've invested.

I figured, after looking at the area between the headliner and the roof of the car, most of the tapping noises come from the loose wires running through there.

·
sandwiches said:
I didn't have the energy to take down my entire headliner, so I just took down the front half by removing the sunvisors, map lights, and a-pillars. I stuck felt everywhere and also shoved some craft foam sheets in there.. and it's definitely silent now! Combined with my dynamatted doors, it sounds as close to a luxury car as I'm going to get with the time I've invested.

I figured, after looking at the area between the headliner and the roof of the car, most of the tapping noises come from the loose wires running through there.
And once the weather warms up a bit (and stays a bit more consistent), that's exactly what I'm gonna do--just remove the front half. ;)

1 - 20 of 35 Posts