Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
V6P OG
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am planning to get headrest monitor for my car but i heard i can only go with the 5" screens..any bigger and it would be too wide for the headrest. Is this true ? Anyone in here with that setup ..can you tell me how wide your monitor is.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Really depends on how you are planning to do it. If you want to cut into your stocks headrests you are kinda restricted on the size you can use.

I personally just bought some Myron and Davis headrest. They offer 6, 7, or 8" monitors already built into headrests.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Yeah I got the same question. I just got some 5.6 inch monitors and they look a bit too big for the headrest. Anyone got any pics or tips on the install. I really want it to look flush in the headrest. Please help me. Thanks

·
V6P Lover
1,384 Posts
dont jack up ur headrests, just get those stands they sell at ebay, i think that's much better than messing up ur headrest

·
Registered
286 Posts
i bought the clarion 5" headrest monitors, just wondering if i should install into headrests, or if i can buy headrests for cheap online anywhere?

also if you use the stands they sell on ebay for the headrest monitors, won't the screens look funny an stick out?

·
SILVIA
1,463 Posts
do you guya have coupe or sedan, cause the sedan headrest is smaller then coupe's

·
Registered
202 Posts
Yeah they will look ugly. I saw nicer brackets that don't even show that much but it still won't look as classy as having the monitor in the headrest.

·
V6P OG
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
some 5 inch monitors come with brackets..depends on which brand you are buying. my clarions did.

·
Registered
286 Posts
u're clarion's came with a bracket? i have 2
VMA5091's and they just came with the mountin bezel and 2 trim rings, no brackets!

·
My AV6 is all gone...
778 Posts
My vote goes for the guy that mentioned Myron Davis, I sell them regularly as most people do not want to btcher their headrests. Also like posted, they accomidate 6,7 and 8" screens.

--Don

1 - 17 of 17 Posts