1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
683 Posts
wow thats one ghey horn put your stock or train horn

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
HAHAHAHAHAH and you were all stoked to install this???

I think for the train horn, you need some sort of airtank and compressor. Well...the REAL loud kind. My neighbor had it in his F250 and it really did sound like a trainhorn, loud as hell.

·
Registered
635 Posts
blackhawk411 said:
I think for the train horn, you need some sort of airtank and compressor. Well...the REAL loud kind. My neighbor had it in his F250 and it really did sound like a trainhorn, loud as hell.
My buddy had a 4' train/boat horn in his 1997 Camry. He had some tank (looked like a propane tank, for the BBQ you know?) in the back to power it. Thing was F*in' loud!

OPer - you sound so sad in your video. So much disappointment/despair in your tone.. :(

·
keepin' it OG
10,188 Posts
hahahah, omg... i seriously cracked my ass off. you have to get a clip or you honking at somebody.. some haa-laar-iouss sh!t man.

·
Hella Functional
4,960 Posts
aim it downward, and buy a pair of used BMW Horns, or the regular hella horns. That's my combo and it sounds MUCH better than just the air horns by itself

·
Registered
3,315 Posts
EWWW... Thats stuid, how does a company sell that?

I wanted to get a real train horn... Too bad i need a compressor and tank too :(

E

·
LaLaLaLa
4,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
NokBlue said:
perfect sound if you were riding on a unicycle and had a big red nose. :D
i might as well get an ebay body kit, get red H badges and altezzas, some ebay springs and roll on red 14" hubcaps JUST to match these lame horns. :(

DV8 said:
aim it downward, and buy a pair of used BMW Horns, or the regular hella horns. That's my combo and it sounds MUCH better than just the air horns by itself
already aimed slightly down - i adjusted it after i took the picture.

Hites said:
if you want a deep horn, not a high pitch train horn, get something like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TiWNw0A1Ijg
just listen to the magnitude of the echoes for an indication of how devasting this would sound.
HAHAHAHA HOLY SH!T THATS INSANE

·
Hella Functional
4,960 Posts
I really don't think it's that bad. I had the same setup as you.

First, I had the hella airhorns with stock horns at first. It sounded just like yours, high pitched and really ghey!

THen I unplugged the stock horns and relied on the air horns. The decible was GREAT, saved my ass on the highway quite a few times from Trucks switching lanes.....

Then i bought a set of BMW horns, combined with the Hella air horns, the sound reached a point where it's perfect for me.

Now I have a set of hella supertone 85115 in conjunction with the Air horns. I must tell you, these two combined, the tone kicks ASS! and it is EXTREMELY loud.... Few days ago, someone was tring to make a UTurn and almost hit me in the process, then after I stomped on the horn, he came to a SCREECHING hault, and refused to move! lol

So I think you should consider that. The air horns are not meant to be used by itself, it just sounds too strange.

Stock Honda Horn : Meep Meep Excuse me please....
Hella Horn: WHOMP! WHOMP! Move *****! GET OUT THE WAY!

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
ive always thought that the oem av6 horns were pretty damn loud for an oem horn.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts