Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Adventure is out there!
2,941 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Okay i finally got around to adjusting my ingalls rear camber kit today.. When i finished adjusting it.. i took my car out for test drive, and noticed that my car swayed side to side a lot more than before..I took it on the highway, and everytime i switched lanes it felt as if the back of my car wanted to spin out. Even while i was driving straight on a road, the car would sway back and forth if i hit bumps and depending on the condition of the road. I have the comptech rear sway bar, but i didn't touch that. For some reason it just feels like the car is swaying. Is there a certain degree you're supposed to adjust the camber and toe?? Please if anyone has any information regarding this, would be greatly appreciated. :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

oh yea, i'm slammed on tein ssp also if anyone is wondering what suspension i'm on.

·
Bobby Lane Racing
5,679 Posts
Okay i finally got around to adjusting my ingalls rear camber kit today.. When i finished adjusting it.. i took my car out for test drive, and noticed that my car swayed side to side a lot more than before..I took it on the highway, and everytime i switched lanes it felt as if the back of my car wanted to spin out. Even while i was driving straight on a road, the car would sway back and forth if i hit bumps and depending on the condition of the road. I have the comptech rear sway bar, but i didn't touch that. For some reason it just feels like the car is swaying. Is there a certain degree you're supposed to adjust the camber and toe?? Please if anyone has any information regarding this, would be greatly appreciated. :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

take it to a professional allignment shop bud. so they can adjust your camber properly

·
Old Member
8,915 Posts
you probably set them differently than the other thats why its swaying like that

·
*this space for rent*
1,024 Posts
also, make sure that the ingall's camber kit is tightened. That happened to me when I installed the rear camber kit on my TSX. Just had to retighten it and everything was back to normal.

·
Registered
10,960 Posts
LT,

Find an alighnment shop that deals with droped cars with camber kits, I have seen regular shops screw things up more because they did not know what to do with the suspension, especially on a car with coilovers when you need to set ride height for each corner. Also if you do have coilovers, get the car corner balanced.

·
Adventure is out there!
2,941 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
LT,

Find an alighnment shop that deals with droped cars with camber kits, I have seen regular shops screw things up more because they did not know what to do with the suspension, especially on a car with coilovers when you need to set ride height for each corner. Also if you do have coilovers, get the car corner balanced.
thanks for the info paul! gonna call and ask around today!

·
hella flush
7,225 Posts
i had that problem before, the alignment shop forgot to do change my toe, so it was swerving back and forth.

·
oSCaR
4,919 Posts
LT,

dont you need adjustable top mounts to get a car corner balanced?

·
Adventure is out there!
2,941 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
dont you need adjustable top mounts to get a car corner balanced?
well the shop couldn't do my alignment, my car was too low so they couldn't even put it up on the machine, so that was pointless, but later that night me and my dad worked on it and all good now!!! no more swerving, had to adjust the toe.

·
Envious of J35's
212 Posts
well the shop couldn't do my alignment, my car was too low so they couldn't even put it up on the machine, so that was pointless, but later that night me and my dad worked on it and all good now!!! no more swerving, had to adjust the toe.

Take off the front bumper and they should be able to get it on the lift for a 100% spec alignment jobby

·
Hella Functional
4,960 Posts
Umm....

You really can't "adjust" your own camber and get adjust your own alighment. The degree of change is so minuscule, that you really can't pick up with your eyes. But it will EAT through your tires.

Get it done right the first time, there are PLENTY of alignment shops out there that can do this, and work on lowered vehicles. They do alignments with lasers, and all kinds of other goodies. So you really should get it done professionally.

Speaking from experience....

·
Registered
52 Posts
when i took my car to a shop the guy couldnt adjust one of my front balljoints because it was too tight for him. i went home to loosen it myself and slid it to what looked correct. when i took it in he was like "wow its right on spec" ;) yeah i know i was lucky

i had to look at like 3 shops before i found a new ntb with new equipment that had an alignment rack in the ground. i couldn't get my car on a regular rack because the part that swings down to lift up the car would hit my subframe. but yeah seriously take your car to a shop with a lift in the ground to get it alligned correctly.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts