Accord V6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 2004 Accord Coupe (V6) and I'm in market to replace my original tires. I checked the price for the original Michelins and they are out of my price range. So after reading some reviews and visiting my local Discount Tires I've narrowed down to the following

1) Hankook Ventus HR II H405
2) Kumho ECSTA 711
3) Hankook Ventus Sport K104

What do you guys recommend ? (I'm trying to stay under $100 each). Your help will be highly appreciated beause I'm planning to change tires in a day or two.

·
863 Posts
it's actually funny, i'm looking at your first two choices also.

I think the thing for me is if #1 is all summer, or all season. I'd rather go all summer for the area I live in.

Sad thing is, the wet traction rating on the all summer khumo's is better than the wet traction of the factory michelin. Overpriced and underperformed (factory michelin).

Let me know what you get. I'm either set this weekend.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
my cousin recently got Kumho ECSTA 711 for is Mazda6 and he is really happy with it and thats why he recommended me those. I didn't knew much about Kumho until today. The sales person at Discount Tires tried his best to convice me to get Hankooks. He said that they have better traction than Kumho.....but I didn't listen to him and ordered Kumho (to be shipped from other store).....but the more I read about it the more i'm leaning towards the Hankooks.

·
346hp/300tq @ 4psi
3,014 Posts
ajamils said:
I have 2004 Accord Coupe (V6) and I'm in market to replace my original tires. I checked the price for the original Michelins and they are out of my price range. So after reading some reviews and visiting my local Discount Tires I've narrowed down to the following

2) Kumho ECSTA 711

What do you guys recommend ? (I'm trying to stay under $100 each). Your help will be highly appreciated beause I'm planning to change tires in a day or two.

avon m550's should be on that list, thier about $100 ea.

·
indoctidiscant
3,790 Posts
ajamils said:
2) Kumho ECSTA 711

heres a better suggestion. go buy some grease and rub it all over your oem tires.

jezzus ho bejeezus youve picked the worst tires ever.

upgrade.

here answer these questions.

1) style of driving
2) plans for tires
3) weather to be driven in
4) how long you want them
5) dropped?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
OwAce said:
heres a better suggestion. go buy some grease and rub it all over your oem tires.

jezzus ho bejeezus youve picked the worst tires ever.

upgrade.

here answer these questions.
1) style of driving
Regular.....to and from work. Probably drive no more than 50- 60 miles a week

2) plans for tires
No plans, as of yet.

3) weather to be driven in
I'm in Houston, Texas.... so weather he usually hot and humid.

4) how long you want them
As long as possible.

5) dropped?
Nopes. Everything is stock.

·
indoctidiscant
3,790 Posts
my top choices

1) hankook ventus s02s
2) falken azenis st615s

however, those will only last you 20k at most.

my other choices then roll in around the following

Summer
1) avon m500s
2) Toyo T1rs
3) kumho 712s

All Season
1) bf goodrich traction tavs
2) avon ms 550s
4) yoko avid v4s

www.tirerack.com is your friend.. spend an hour researching various tires. tell me what you like best, and ill criticise your choice and we can narrow it down to what will work best for you. :)

·
indoctidiscant
3,790 Posts
Sick6speed said:
Does anybody like the Bridgestone Potenza S-03. My buddy just got them on his 04 TL and they are awesome running tires. Definetly would be my first choice.
great summer tires. expensive. last only 20k miles. low treadwear.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
OwAce said:
summer

hankook s02s
azenis st 615s
avon m500s

all season

avon ms 550s
traction tavs
avid v4s

What about between

2) Kumho ECSTA 711

???

·
Registered
195 Posts
.......on the AVID V4 tires....

All Season
2) avon ms 550s
4) yoko avid v4s

.....are they listed in any particular order?

..ez..

·
indoctidiscant
3,790 Posts
ajamils said:
What about between

2) Kumho ECSTA 711

???
they are tires that might as well have grease on them. stay away from them.

·
indoctidiscant
3,790 Posts
ezshift5 said:
All Season
2) avon ms 550s
4) yoko avid v4s

.....are they listed in any particular order?

..ez..
yes 1 and 2 are interchangeable. the avid v4s have a 480 treadlife so grip suffers adversely. but they are effectve in working against hydroplaning and slushy/accumulated snow.

·
indoctidiscant
3,790 Posts

·
Registered
630 Posts
I have the ventus hankook k104 on my summer wheels & they are pretty good, I hated the stock michelins I replaced them with toyo tpt's i think that's the model, I think they r a little higher than what u want to spend probably like $130 each but I think they're worth it

·
Import driving azzhole
492 Posts
OwAce said:
yes 1 and 2 are interchangeable. the avid v4s have a 480 treadlife so grip suffers adversely. but they are effectve in working against hydroplaning and slushy/accumulated snow.
I have the Avid v4s. I have put about 13k miles on them. I don't care for them. They have better dry traction than the stock tires. However, I think the stock tires are better in the rain and snow. If I had it to do over again, I would not buy these tires. I may keep them for another year and then get something else.

·
indoctidiscant
3,790 Posts
murphman331 said:
I have the Avid v4s. I have put about 13k miles on them. I don't care for them. They have better dry traction than the stock tires. However, I think the stock tires are better in the rain and snow. If I had it to do over again, I would not buy these tires. I may keep them for another year and then get something else.
wow really? i mismatched my avid v4s with the oems michelins. so it was avids up front and michelins up back, and it was oversteer heaven for me. the avids carved through snow and slush, but the oems just floated over it.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts