Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Y'all,

I bought AEM V2 and installed it this morning. I took a test drive around town afterward.

When I returned to the garage, I turned off the engine, and removed the key. The fan came on! The one on the driver side.

I checked all installation, and all seem okay.

Have anyone had this problem? Any idea?

Thanks

·
Registered
275 Posts
did it eventually turn off? I think that is normal as long as it turns off after a while.....

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks y'all,

The problem is gone :)

It's probably this heat wave in so. cal.

The AEM V2 is great. If you hear a growl from a black coupe...it's me having a blast!

·
I hate my Ford
664 Posts
yea i had the same problem here in jersey 2 days ago...a fuse of mine was blown (#13 passenger side) but i dont think that was the problem, it was just hot as hell

·
oSCaR
4,919 Posts
:rofl2: are you serious! dang i want to get my car that hot so its still "alive" while im out and everything... but i was in victorville last week(desert, 115 degrees) and i was driving pretty hard... the fan didnt stay on :confused: after i turned it off. but i dont know if its a good thing for it to keep doing it :p

V2 POWER! :banana2:

·
Red Devils
525 Posts
basically even if I dont drive the car anywhere once the car is on and then turned off the radiator fan on the drivers side stays on for a long time. Dont think an hour but it stays on for awhile.

·
xXxCLS bOoStEdXxX
7,741 Posts
my car did this 4 years after i got it. everyone said its normal. i was just surprised it didnt do it for a full FOUR years then one day it decided it was "hot"

hahaha

·
Red Devils
525 Posts
has nothing to do with heat. Stays on even if I only drive 1 block and stays on over 10 min on high. Any1 kno if a fuse is bad or sumthin?

·
Red Devils
525 Posts
well for the code I think I know whats up for p2631. Its a bosch premium sensor and I think its faulty because when II installed it I didnt add the little fuse on it. There is a fuse that goes inside. I hope thats also why the fan stays on so im fix it.

·
Jerzy
343 Posts
well older accords (90-93) has a warning label right on the front above the radiator saying the fan might turn on by itself after the car is turned off.....dont kno why honda decided not to place warning labels on models after that :doh:

·
Red Devils
525 Posts
Its loud. Songs like the car is fully running. Also drains battery life big time since it does it for a long period of time. I am going to check and c if a sensor is bad.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts