Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Surpreme Clientele
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched for like 10 minutes but found nothing but people arguing.:slap: I have a $500 price range im looking for the best headunit i could buy in this price range. When i say best im taking sound quality, how nice it looks as well as flexibility all into consideration. Or if you have a headunit that you like, i would appreciate recommendations

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
Pioneer DEH PRS880
if your looking for straight SQ without all the colorful lights and displays this is the unit you should be looking for.... options for standard and 3way network and TONS of flexabilities, tools, and features... im still getting used to mine

id suggest going to caraudio.com and looking up pioneer 880.... you'll see alot of views about this unit as well as other nice units in your price range

heres mine

·
7th Gen ACcord
3,671 Posts
what is your current setup? check out eclipse or pioneer if you want sound quality and lots of features. too bad you dont want an okay headunit. i have an eclipse for sale. haha

·
Surpreme Clientele
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Flashy lights and stuff would be nice, but if i have to sacrifice sound quality and flexibility then i like what champagned posted

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
If you have a double din I would suggested saving up for a DVD Eclipse headunit if not than go ahead, and get the pioneers or eclipse...

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
starrsearch_ said:
If you have a double din I would suggested saving up for a DVD Eclipse headunit if not than go ahead, and get the pioneers or eclipse...
most DVD/Navi Players lack flexablity when it comes to fine tuning your music... in other words a $2000 dvd/navi unit will lack sq and customizing features when you compare it with a true decicated SQ oritented head unit that costs less

when it comes with dvd/navi players and sq head unit's, you can only have one or other
it just depends on what you want more

HaloCoupe said:
Oh yea btw champagned out nice music choice...lol
haha thanks, gotta love the bassline in that track :)

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
ryan s said:
dang it eugene, stop tempting me with those pics again...i need to pick up an 880 one of these days :smash:
heh sorry, have you tried the classified section @ caraudio.com? there always at least one used one up for sale for around $250shipped
ill give you a heads up if i do find a nice deal on one

·
7th Gen ACcord
3,671 Posts
Champaned_out said:
most DVD/Navi Players lack flexablity when it comes to fine tuning your music... in other words a $2000 dvd/navi unit will lack sq and customizing features when you compare it with a true decicated SQ oritented head unit that costs less

when it comes with dvd/navi players and sq head unit's, you can only have one or other
it just depends on what you want more
you can actually have both, but it would cost you an arm and leg. haha. you would need the Alpine w200(double din dvd player) and the H701(external eq processor). those 2 alone would cost close to 1g . if you want navi that would cost another 1g for the navi brain.

·
Registered
222 Posts
If you are looking for an SQ unit, you will should expect to have aftermarket amplification. Most dedicated SQ units have no internal amplification. This helps reduce amplifier noise in the unit and also allows extra space for the various components to be better distributed on the pcb's. I know Clarion makes a unit like this and Pioneer does as well. I can't remeber the models, but check the manufacturers websites for their higher end models.

here's a link to the Clarion model for example. Notice the dedicated power supply/lack of internal amplification/high quality dac's, etc... I know it is out of your price range, but most dealers should be clearing out last year's models and you could probably find a good deal on one of those.

http://www.clarion.com/us/en/products/2007/audio/source_unit/CD/DRZ9255/us-en-product-pf_1165294764151.html

·
Surpreme Clientele
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Champaned_out said:
yea if your going or plan on going with a active setup, the 880 allows you to turn off the intermal amp and lets you use a decicated exterior amp
Oh ok i like the 880 i value flexibility over flashiness and oh doesnt pioneer make a EQ that i also could use...My friend has one and it looks real clean at first i thought he had 2 radios...

·
7th Gen ACcord
3,671 Posts
HaloCoupe said:
Oh ok i like the 880 i value flexibility over flashiness and oh doesnt pioneer make a EQ that i also could use...My friend has one and it looks real clean at first i thought he had 2 radios...
the 880 already have an internal eq i think. unless you want more bands.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
xjdMb16a2six said:
you can actually have both, but it would cost you an arm and leg. haha. you would need the Alpine w200(double din dvd player) and the H701(external eq processor). those 2 alone would cost close to 1g . if you want navi that would cost another 1g for the navi brain.
Lol how did you guess thats what I am saving for :)...If not I'll just go witn an eclipse for SQ...and pair of Diamond Audio 12s.

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
HaloCoupe said:
yea it has a few custom eq bands that lets you fully customize yourself... also has dur-dac, auto eq and time alignment... the auto eq is nice
the hu comes with a speical mic that you attach to the headrest... let it run some tests and it'll give you a flat eq, which is a nice starting platform

1 - 20 of 21 Posts