Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
V6P Lover
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so tonite i was driving calmly..... i see a police car from behind speeding with his lights on, on the right side of the road.. i was on the left lane and i was like ok i guess ill yield to the right since i thought that was the right thing to do when u hear sirens and lights flashing... well the cop just stayed behind me and talked on the bullhorn **** and said.. "pull over into the street"...
so im like what the fcuk did i do wrong?!!!! so he comes up to my window and says "i pulled u over because ur signals are too fast" im like what the ****kkk it's not even that fast.. it's only 2x faster than stock and i've had it for like 3-4yrs and no cop has ever pulled me over.. i give him my DL, Ins., and Reg.
He then tells me to get out of the car and open the hood.. im like what the hell!!! ok so i opened the hood and he was inspecting my engine.... he's like i dont see a carb sticker on this intake.. im like yeah i got it when it first came out and the carb. certification was pending...
He goes back to his car and writes the damn tix or whatever it is...
He comes back to my car and gives me the tix and on the tix i see It's a NON-CORRECTABLE VIOLATION: CARB-DEVICE MISSING CERTIFICATE, MODIFIED SMOG DEVICE REQ.

ok so it's non correctable and i have to make an appointment for a STATE REFEREE CERTIFICATION... anyone know what this is?

i have a v2 intake and i have megan headers.. he didnt see my headers tho cuz he was in hurry.... i think the reason he pulled me over was cuz i sorta blocked his way when he was speeding and he had to brake, so i guess he was pissed... LOL
he was in such a hurry that he didnt even see my illegal tints.. and no front plates... lol

what i wanna know is.. are they gonna check my engine bay if i bring it to the State Referee? cuz i dont feel like taking off my headers and intake.. i know the v2 intake has a pending carb. certification or maybe it already has a carb. cert. and i can just show them that..

any help will be appriciated.. thnx

·
Registered
162 Posts
ok so tonite i was driving calmly..... i see a police car from behind speeding with his lights on, on the right side of the road.. i was on the left lane and i was like ok i guess ill yield to the right since i thought that was the right thing to do when u hear sirens and lights flashing... well the cop just stayed behind me and talked on the bullhorn **** and said.. "pull over into the street"...
so im like what the fcuk did i do wrong?!!!! so he comes up to my window and says "i pulled u over because ur signals are too fast" im like what the ****kkk it's not even that fast.. it's only 2x faster than stock and i've had it for like 3-4yrs and no cop has ever pulled me over.. i give him my DL, Ins., and Reg.
He then tells me to get out of the car and open the hood.. im like what the hell!!! ok so i opened the hood and he was inspecting my engine.... he's like i dont see a carb sticker on this intake.. im like yeah i got it when it first came out and the carb. certification was pending...
He goes back to his car and writes the damn tix or whatever it is...
He comes back to my car and gives me the tix and on the tix i see It's a NON-CORRECTABLE VIOLATION: CARB-DEVICE MISSING CERTIFICATE, MODIFIED SMOG DEVICE REQ.

ok so it's non correctable and i have to make an appointment for a STATE REFEREE CERTIFICATION... anyone know what this is?

i have a v2 intake and i have megan headers.. he didnt see my headers tho cuz he was in hurry.... i think the reason he pulled me over was cuz i sorta blocked his way when he was speeding and he had to brake, so i guess he was pissed... LOL
he was in such a hurry that he didnt even see my illegal tints.. and no front plates... lol

what i wanna know is.. are they gonna check my engine bay if i bring it to the State Referee? cuz i dont feel like taking off my headers and intake.. i know the v2 intake has a pending carb. certification or maybe it already has a carb. cert. and i can just show them that..

any help will be appriciated.. thnx
I got a ticket 2 nights ago for loud exhaust. Looks like the cops are trying to meet their goal by writing out tickets b4 the month is over. BTW where were u pulled over at, I got pulled over in Downey/Bellflower by a Downey cop.
About the ticket, can't give any word of advice b/c its my first ticket.

·
Registered
3,436 Posts
I remember reading a thread about people with AEM v2 intakes getting carb stickers from AEM. You should do a search on this forum for it, but for sure you need the original receipt from where you bought the intake from and fax it to AEM so they can mail you out a carb sticker.

I don't know CA driving laws but over here in MN if you are in the left lane and a cop is coming from behind you in the right lane, you should never cross over to the right. You should have yielded to the left shoulder to let him pass you so that way you won't get in his way and cause an accident.

·
V6P Lover
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
unlimit3d said:
I got a ticket 2 nights ago for loud exhaust. Looks like the cops are trying to meet their goal by writing out tickets b4 the month is over. BTW where were u pulled over at, I got pulled over in Downey/Bellflower by a Downey cop.
About the ticket, can't give any word of advice b/c its my first ticket.
i got pulled over near speedzone.. lol i was going to speedzone on Colima Blvd. and that's where he pulled me over..

·
MMMMM....Boost !!!
1,785 Posts
i got a ticket for the aem v2 a few months ago i fought it and won. your intake is certified now.

if you cant get a sticker from aem or just want some backup stuff here is the document from the air resources bored http://arb.ca.gov/msprog/aftermkt/devices/eo/D-392-21.pdf

it basicaly states that your intake is certified and is exempt from section 27156 of the vehicle code (gross poluter code).

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
any update? how u do in your court case?

·
V6P Lover
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ponickka said:
any update? how u do in your court case?
passed it w/o any problems.. hehe

the judge just asked me if i passed teh smog.. and i said yes.. and he's like ok case dismissed.. im like okk..... i brought all the documents for nothing then.. it took like literally 5 seconds... LOL

·
AV6er
524 Posts
Honestly dude, next time, don't ****in get in the cops way, best thing to do is stay in your lane, use common sense. If you're speeding down the highway, do you want someone to GET IN YOUR LANE to make you swerve and let you pass??

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
v62kaccord said:
passed it w/o any problems.. hehe

the judge just asked me if i passed teh smog.. and i said yes.. and he's like ok case dismissed.. im like okk..... i brought all the documents for nothing then.. it took like literally 5 seconds... LOL

did u have a bail amount or anything like that? they send me a letter home (bail amount was freakin $350)...just wondering if u made the bail amount (plead not guilty on the back of check) ? let me know bro. thanx

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
^there isn't a quote, but however from what i was told by a friend (his bro is chp) they should cite a certain amount though (which is pretty stupid) haha

·
V6P Lover
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
SixSpeeder said:
tint is plurl for tint....not tints....

the only way you could maybe get out of the intake ticket is if you get a carb certificate. as far as the other mods, you might be screwed. i've had headers on other cars that were carb cert. do you know if your headers maybe are too?
haha it's not english class, btw it's plural... not plurl...... and no my headers aren't carb legal...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts