Discussion Starter #1
Motegi traklite
Size Selected: 17x8
Price: $288 (each)
Estimated Availability: In Stock
Recommended Tire Size: 215/50-17
Wheel Offset: +45mm
** Lightweight: 14.6 lbs. **

Would these fit my 7th gen V6 6pd MT? I'm so outrageously confused with tire size, offets, bolt patterns and all that jazz that i have absolutely no idea. I put my 7th gen 04 accord 6 spd mt v6 into the tire rack search engine so i guess it should be right?

These seem kinda pricey, but they're really damn lightweight, and have a width of 8 which is pretty good according to what i've searched here for grip, etc. I'd be using the car for miami climate, so ridiculously hot+humid days, warm+humid nights, with heavy rain sometimes.

·
(つ◕‿◕)つ*•.★.•*•.★.•* •.★.•
3,498 Posts
215 tires are kinda narrow for 8 inch wide. You should go with 225 or 235 if you're looking for grip.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
is the light weight a problem at all? I figure its great to reduce rotational inertia so your brakes need to apply less power to slow the car down, same with the acceleration. But are there any structural issues?

Would using a 235 size tire affect ride height? I dont want to go nuts on my suspension just yet.

·
EliteCM.net
5,369 Posts
quencho092 said:
is the light weight a problem at all? I figure its great to reduce rotational inertia so your brakes need to apply less power to slow the car down, same with the acceleration. But are there any structural issues?

Would using a 235 size tire affect ride height? I dont want to go nuts on my suspension just yet.
235 is the width of tire. second number what tells you the height. if its 235/50 that means tire is half the width of tire 235/2=117.5 i had 225 on my 17x7 conig so you can easily go with 235. maybe 245 but check clearance so it wouldnt rub

ps. on my falken tires it said not to mount 225/45 tires onto 7.5inch rim. so my guess would be that you shouldnt be able physicaly mount 215 tire on 8 inch rim. im not sure about 235 on 8 inch. you might have to go with 245

1 - 7 of 7 Posts