Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any1 out there with the Inspire Headlight assembly? What kindda part did you use for the high-beams and signal? Any adivise is greatly appreciated.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
275 Posts
bigBEN CM6 said:
Any1 out there with the Inspire Headlight assembly? What kindda part did you use for the high-beams and signal? Any adivise is greatly appreciated.

Low beam HID Lights/Ballasts - 2005 TL OR TSX
HID caps to cover the big hole on the back - S2000
High beam –STOCK
Turn Signals -2004 TL sockets with 7443 bulb
City Lights – jdm city light sockets that from icbmotorsport.com

REMEMBER- they are JDM so the flare will blind oncomming traffic. I tried to MOD the flare but semi-failed as it still flares. I'll be retro-ing TSX projectors as they will fit nicely in the Inspire housing :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
275 Posts
joedanger11 said:
dont destroy inspires to do a retro. thats ludicrous!
The way the housing in the Inpsire lights are, you won't even know they are retroed. Plus you'll get the nice cut-off that the Inpsire lights don't give you!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,116 Posts
arom" said:
REMEMBER- they are JDM so the flare will blind oncomming traffic. I tried to MOD the flare but semi-failed as it still flares. I'll be retro-ing TSX projectors as they will fit nicely in the Inspire housing :D
Post pics when you are done. I got to see this.
 

·
Super Villain
Joined
·
1,284 Posts
:nono: don't destroy the Inspires'. If Honda wanted them projectored, they would do that but they left it a reflector housing but only using HID's.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
275 Posts
neonecko said:
Is there seriously enough room inside that small enclosure to fit TSX projectors in? Aesthetically how would make a bezel for it? Unless you fab one. I think 350z projectors might fit in them but TSX?
The Inspire opening is close to 3" high as the TSX projector is 2.5". Should be no fitment problem. No need for a bezel as the TSX projector has a chrome ring around the lens. It'll be just some VERY PRECISE cutting to get them to be perfect.....


I'll post pics as I start......
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
275 Posts
7thGenVillain said:
:nono: don't destroy the Inspires'. If Honda wanted them projectored, they would do that but they left it a reflector housing but only using HID's.
You're right, for LHD!!! The flare is impossible to mod as it is a VERY complex reflector system. I opened up the lights and tried to mess with it with NO luck. Some people don't mind the flare but it just bugs me!! So retro here I come!!

Oh by the way, if it does'nt turn out OK, they'll be some Inspire lights for sale cheap!! hehe :p
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
275 Posts
bigBEN CM6 said:
ALL done... turned out pretty good.

You aim them down to compensate the lhd flare(or drove around pissing people off :mad: )?

I modded inside the housing my Right headlight by shielding the light that makes the flare...

Let me know and I'll post up what I did...
 

·
My Third Accord!
Joined
·
841 Posts
the problem with retroing is that you will somwhat loose that cool looking rectangle shaped point of light that the reflector creates on the inspires.
the 7th gen inspire MMC headlights now come with a smoked lense housing...is this the next big thing?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,116 Posts
acb384: said:
the problem with retroing is that you will somwhat loose that cool looking rectangle shaped point of light that the reflector creates on the inspires.
the 7th gen inspire MMC headlights now come with a smoked lense housing...is this the next big thing?
Where have you seen the new Inspire headlights?
 

·
My Third Accord!
Joined
·
841 Posts
yeah, I read about it on the TOV asia
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
arom said:
You aim them down to compensate the lhd flare(or drove around pissing people off :mad: )?

I modded inside the housing my Right headlight by shielding the light that makes the flare...

Let me know and I'll post up what I did...

please do... I would like to see.
 
1 - 20 of 75 Posts
Top