Accord V6 Forum banner

Help needed, fog lights install

2K views 18 replies 11 participants last post by  Aerospacer 
#1 · (Edited)
I'm doing the wiring for my fog lights, and I am having trouble finding the 3-pin connector for the switch harness. I traced the harness up to the instrument panel, into the steering wheel cover, and all the way to the firewall. But I can find it. The connector I’m referring to is the one in step 57 on the install instructions, (page 15).
here is the link:
http://www.handa-accessories.com/accord/03-4drfogs.pdf

The connector isn’t being used for any other accessories. It just isn’t there.
Any ideas where I can find this connector?

Art M.

#2 ·
0 for 2

I just got done with the harness under the hood and I ran across the same thing, I couldn’t find the 3-pin connector under the relay box :confused:
I think maybe the forgot to put the accessory harness in my car, tomorrow I going to the dealership to see if they are any help.

Art M.

#3 ·
Hmm, i just did fogs this weekend on mine, took some looking to find it but i eventually did. the one under the relay box had electricial grease all over it and was covered with dirt so i almost didnt see it.
the one in the dash was taped with the black electrical tape like the instructions say but it was still a pain to find. it was hidden behind some other harness i think...i was laying on my back looking up under there.

#5 ·
OK guys, time to try again, I'm following the instructions and this is what I got:
The harness comes in from the firewall, and then it splits in two. One side goes to the fuse box; the other side goes to the connector shown in the instructions, three connectors actually, two brown ones, and a yellow one. I know the yellow one is the airbag, one of the brown ones is the ignition, and the other one has a bunch of wires. After the connectors the harness is fastened to the steering wheel hanger, and then it goes into the steering wheel cover.
According to the instructions the 3-pin plug is right below the connectors. Is this where you guys found it?
Thanks
Art M.

#6 ·
Finall update

I went to the dealer and had them look at the car, the harness wasn't there. I was told some of the earlier 03 models did not have it.
I had to purchase the harness, which was 20 bucks, and paid another 20 for them to put it in and finish the install.

Art M.

#7 ·
Wow, I'd have never thought that some Accords wouldn't come with that harness. You're the first person I've heard of that's encountered that. Glad you got it solved..... and that it wasn't too pricey. Did that also take care of the "missing" connector under the relay box?

NexsoN said:
all the plugs and harnessed are there......
That sure was some helpful advice you provided there. :rolleye2:

#8 ·
03LXV6Guy said:
Wow, I'd have never thought that some Accords wouldn't come with that harness. You're the first person I've heard of that's encountered that. Glad you got it solved..... and that it wasn't too pricey. Did that also take care of the "missing" connector under the relay box?
Yes, that connector is one of the ends of the harness; the other end is the one inside the car. Labor charge was to install the harness and do the connections inside the relay box, which I did not want to do until everything else was done, as not to have any live wires dangling.
I want to thank you for helping me out with the templates; I wouldn’t have been able to get this project done without your help.
Thanks
Art M.

#9 ·
More than happy to help out a fellow V6P'er.

How'd you like slicing up your front bumper? or did Honda do that?

Glad you went with the painted surrounds too.

Let's see some pics of those bad boys.

:v6pyea:

#10 ·
I did everything except for installing the missing harness and the connections under the relay box.
I placed the templates over the bumper at least four times before I dared to make the first cut. Once I saw the first hole turned out OK the second one was a lot easier, it definitely feels odd cutting into your car knowing once you commit there is no turning back.
I’m going to the beach this weekend; I’ll take some pics of the car there and post them on Monday.
Art M.
P.S. templates are on the way.

#15 ·
Hey guys thanks for the help. Around 5 minutes after I posted this I found the 3-Pin connector. It was taped to the side of the car right above the wheel well. You couldn't see it because the main set of wires going to the fuse box were coiled up and taped to the side as well so it was blocking your view of the connector. If you are still having a problem finding the harness try tracing the line coming from the firewall.

#17 ·
I had the same problem with finding the 3 pin connector under the relay box. I actually stopped working on it on Saturday evening and hopped on the forum for some help. nighthawk04v6 actually PMed me and helped me out with where to find it, under the relay box and on the inside of the wheel well. It was covered in greese and dirt but sure enough it was there. Big thanks to nighthawk04v6.

#18 ·
anybody got the 2 wire (blue/silver and blue/red) foglight harness instead the 3 (red/green , white/green, blue/red ?) you know the one that connects into the relay box in the 14 and 20pin connectors? where the hell do you insert the 2wire blue/silver and blue/red into? the handaaccessies manual shows the three wire while the college hill video shows the 2wire

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.