Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've installed a set of Racing Hart CRs 18 x 7.5 (+42 offset) with Nitto 235/40/18. I have Tein SS coilovers and about a two finger gap between the rear tires and the fenders. I had a four wheel alignment this morning and my rear tires are rubbing. What should I do? Raise the springs or roll the fenders? I want to stick with the 235 since they are the closest diameter to stock. Here are some photos.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
AV6Coupe2k3 said:
I've installed a set of Racing Hart CX 18 x 7.5 (+42 offset) with Nitto 235/40/18. I have Tein SS coilovers and about a two finger gap between the rear tires and the fenders. I had a four wheel alignment this morning and my rear tires are rubbing. What should I do? Raise the springs or roll the fenders? I want to stick with the 235 since they are the closest diameter to stock. Here are some photos.

dang, u have 2 finger gap between each tires and theyre rubbing? u can roll out the fender...imo itd look dope but thats going to cost a bit of $$$. u can try to get new rims with 45 offset or u can try to go down to 235/35/18? those are the 3 solutions i can come up with, not sure what else u can do?
btw how bad is the rubbing?

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
wj4 said:
dang, u have 2 finger gap between each tires and theyre rubbing? u can roll out the fender...imo itd look dope but thats going to cost a bit of $$$. u can try to get new rims with 45 offset or u can try to go down to 235/35/18? those are the 3 solutions i can come up with, not sure what else u can do?
btw how bad is the rubbing?
It rubs when I'm cornering.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
pharmb said:
Would it help if you had the rear alignment readjusted to dial in more negative camber?
It would probably help but I want even wear on all four tires. We decided to roll the fenders. From our observation, the rims are flushed with fender (or even inside the fender). The tires are the ones sticking out. I would recommend 225x45x18 with +42 to be as near as possible to stock diameter/circumference without rubbing or go with at least +45 if you want 235x40x18.

Lesson learned: 235x40x18 tires with 18x7.5 +42 offset rims will rub, if lowered.

·
I Jumped Off Da Bandwagon
2,204 Posts
I learned that lesson as well. Left me no choice but to sell them. Now i have +48mm and 235/40/18 with tein ss and no rubbing issues. Btw, mine was flush with the fender while your stick out further and i got an alignment too.

·
I Jumped Off Da Bandwagon
2,204 Posts
Igotvtec04 said:
hongda, how long did you wait before you got an alignment? how many insches are you lowered?

I don't recall when but i need another one after i lower it some more. Gonna go with no gap or even lower.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Hongda said:
I don't recall when but i need another one after i lower it some more. Gonna go with no gap or even lower.
I'd like to see some pics. I'm thinking about dropping my down to the lowest notch on the Koni's. I'm on the middle one now.

BTW, adding a little negative camber will not unevenly wear out your tires unless it's extreme. Having the toe out one way or the other will eat your tires up. I think our Accords come with -1 or -1.5 degrees camber from the factory.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts