Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Im new to this and this is my first thread, I really need help at this point I bought v3 pcds and a jpipe, but I cant figure out how to remove the stock pre-cat on the back side of the engine everything is loose but don't see any way on getting out. IDK if I have to remove anything else in order for it to completely come out... Can anyone help me pls...:banghead:

·
24th Gear
819 Posts
I was in your position a couple weeks ago its a PITA. If you look from under the car you can see like a perfectly rounded hole where it will come out, it is LITTERALLY the same size around as the cat.

Directions I got from Paul:
Remove the O2 sensors
Remove the heat shield on the pre-cat
Remove the heat shield on the 1/2 shaft
Unbolt the precat from the oil pan bracket
Unbolt from the head
Wiggle out thru the bottom

It takes some figurin out and a lot of swearing, but if I can do it, you can do it. haha Good Luck.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks dude that crap is pain alright I was pulling out my hairs because I couldn't figure it out.. The only thing I have missing is taking off the heat shield and the O2 sensor I see the whole but it didn't look like it would fit thru there... Im going to try that way and ill repost with some pics and vid of the new ones

·
24th Gear
819 Posts
Yeah, it sucks cause with the shield on you are seriously arguing over like no more than an 1/8 of an inch of clearance. haha

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hahaha the same thing happen to me... man as soon as the shield got taken off that thing came down quick didn't even give me time to move lol... (pictures of everything on coming soon)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts