Accord V6 Forum banner

Help w/ these headlights..

1K views 12 replies 12 participants last post by  k.heiner 
#1 ·
I know this topic has been discussed over and over but i needed a favor and i wanted this thread to have some immediate attention from people still actively surveying the boards here at v6p :)

I'm about to invest in some blackhoused headlights w/the amber strip for my satin silver '05 sedan

I'm wondering what you guys thought about this set from ebay- JDM Blackhoused Headlights:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/03-04-05-ACCORD-JDM-HEADLIGHTS-WITH-AMBER-REFLECTOR_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33710QQitemZ8034061268QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

I dont want the same problems others have complained about the DEPO's with hazing, fogging, and condensation getting in.. I need quality without spending the $$$ for a retrofit..

And btw, Im keeping my stock halogen bulbs for the time being with whatever headlights I choose

#4 ·
ibought those... they are Depos...

ive had depos on my 5th gen before and they are OEM quality... im hoping for the same... worse comes to worse i guess u can always swap lenses if they fog or haze really bad... if u want to prevent condensation in it u can just seal it up with some silicone to ensure a tight fit.

#5 ·
I've had mine on for about a year through all elements, and my car lives outside too. I've not had a single issue, they're as nice as the day they were installed. I think there are probably alot of people w/ the same experience as myself, they just dont post that up. Its not as interesting as "my depos suck!", etc... I'd go for it. :up2:

#7 ·
I'd say go for it and like ephuckay said if you're really worried about it fogging up just grab some silicone and run a quick round around it. But if you decide to go through all the trouble of opening your OEM ones you minus well do a retrofit while you're at it.

To tell you the truth, I have depo's with a retrofit and when I was opening them, they were sealed up very well. It was a PITA to get the lens off!

#8 · (Edited)
black_sedan said:
I'd say go for it and like ephuckay said if you're really worried about it fogging up just grab some silicone and run a quick round around it. But if you decide to go through all the trouble of opening your OEM ones you minus well do a retrofit while you're at it.

To tell you the truth, I have depo's with a retrofit and when I was opening them, they were sealed up very well. It was a PITA to get the lens off!
The fogging up related to the depo lights is not the moisture getting in, it's that the paint inside still never fully cured until it's like on your car and subjected to the weather.

Not to mention that they do one hell of a quick job on that flat black.. spraying right over the oem chrome ones lol.. underneight that flat black is still shiny chrome.. i know because I have to sand all the layers off to make sure my end product wont have any issues with it.

It's very easy for me to get the lense off any accord headlights but then again i do this all the time. The depo ones is just as hard or easy as the oem ones :)

Oh and those headlights are JDM Styled.. not real japanese domestic market headlights... still made by depo :) The fit and finish is good, i use them too but never just the way they are.. always somethign done to them hehe

Larry

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.