Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
T-Rob
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a DVD player I want to put in the cubby. I have everything I need to mount it but I need help with the wiring. This is a '03 Accord btw. I'm wondering where to tap power from. And also, I don't want to replace the stock unit but I do want the sound from the DVD to player through stock unit (AUX) and speakers... Someone mentioned a high-low converter but I have no idea wtf that is. I have the audio attachment cable (for optional MP3 or CD Changer) and I was wondering if there was a way I could guess and check the wires to find the audio output... :confused:

·
Registered
230 Posts
You should tap 12v behind the radio, and you want the unit to turn on and off with the car.

Whoever told you to get a LOC is an idiot. Line output converters are for turning your radio speaker lead outputs into low level RCA outputs. If you need sound to come from the DVD unit into your stock radio, you need an Auxilary input adaptor or wired FM mod.

·
Banned
654 Posts
well if you are using that as your audio source why not just unplug the blue honda harness, extend it, and wire it to your pyle dvd player so the sound is directly through all speakers and you dont have to worry about messing with the stock radio

1 - 6 of 6 Posts