Registered
8,737 Posts
1. Rl
2. Mdx 09+ = tls

Reactions: accord325

·
Mr. Detail
1,134 Posts
Realistically, what kind of gains can you expect?

·
Registered
8,737 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
CL-S J32a2 cams

Anyone here know if these are of any benefit and bolt right up to a j30a4? I figured I'd ask here instead of making a new thread.

·
Registered
8,737 Posts
J32a2 won?t bolt up. They are a few mm too long

·
Registered
133 Posts
Ken, Would the RL or the others cams you mentioned work on a j32a3 ?

·
Registered
8,737 Posts
This is a bone stock J30a5 6 speed ? Made good numbers even before the cam swap .
its on a dyno jet. not sure about the calibration. but this was done 6-7 years ago lol

·
Registered
7 Posts
So whats the actual answer? What oem cams will bolt to an a4/5? Friend of mine has a j32a2 that he said I can have anything I want from, and by this thread it seems the cams won't work?

·
Registered
8,737 Posts
Only the 3 listed above will bolt on. No j32a2. Only j35a8 and j37a1

·
Mr. Detail
1,134 Posts
Honestly, at this point, with 238k miles on my Accord I'm thinking a J32 swap would be a much better option than doing cams.

·
Registered
8,737 Posts
J35 swap from a pilot or odyssey would be best

Reactions: accord325

·
Registered
8,737 Posts
Work okay with the stock ECU? Direct bolt in?
Direct bolt on minus switching out the coolant crossover with the accord one. The stock ecu will run it, but it will be a little on the lean side. I am selling an aem fic that can correct fuel and some timing for accord v6. You will still need a o2 wide and wired to the fic.

I have a thread about engine swaps on here somewhere

Reactions: Scottwax

·
Registered
133 Posts
Direct bolt on minus switching out the coolant crossover with the accord one. The stock ecu will run it, but it will be a little on the lean side. I am selling an aem fic that can correct fuel and some timing for accord v6. You will still need a o2 wide and wired to the fic.

I have a thread about engine swaps on here somewhere
Going a little off topic here, is there any benefit in swapping in RDX or type s injectors on a stock j30 or j32 with stock ecu & tuning ?

·
Registered
8,737 Posts
You just have more over head to grow and the tls and rdx have better atomization. If you are staying na just do the tls,rl, or the 07+ mdx 310cc injectors. Probably could find a set for 50 bucks if you really try, but you need to tune it. Aem fic can do larger fuel injectors compensation

·
Registered
133 Posts
Ken, to specify, would the above injectors in a j32a3 swapped into the accord with the stock j30 ecu work fine, being more on the rich side ?

·
Registered
8,737 Posts
It will run on the rich side since the stock injectors are 270cc. Tuning will help out a lot even if you don’t touch the ignition and just do fuel. 13.3 is the sweet spot for an n.a v6

1 - 20 of 33 Posts