Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Craziest Viet Mofo You'll Know
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am getting a e-brake handle from ebay. i need help installing it, im not quite sure how to take off the stock one so if yall could help me with that, that would be appreciated. pics would help alot too, thanks guys yall always helped me with great ideas and projects. :)

·
^_________^
546 Posts
well if ur buying a new ebrake, u could probably take out the ebrake by taking apart your center piece. i sa some screws holding it down when i was installing my 3rd din

·
Banned
4,655 Posts
u better hope that aftermarket ebrake handle fits,usually only the momo ones fit while the other ones r too small, oem metal ebrake pc is kinda weird shaped its not a full 'cynlindrical' shape, its got like a ridge line to it and kinda sticks out, mite as well get an ebrake boot cover to boot :D , everyone who gets in my car thinks i got a standard :cool:

·
Registered
3,315 Posts
kleptodathief said:
u better hope that aftermarket ebrake handle fits,usually only the momo ones fit while the other ones r too small, oem metal ebrake pc is kinda weird shaped its not a full 'cynlindrical' shape, its got like a ridge line to it and kinda sticks out, mite as well get an ebrake boot cover to boot :D , everyone who gets in my car thinks i got a standard :cool:

Right...

Until you WOT out a trail of rice... haha.. Klepto.. when the weather gets better, im gonna take a weekend trip over to your area... ;)

E

·
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
so i was reading some more of my searches and came accross someone cutting the handle part of the e-brake to take it out. is that true? or is there another method?

·
^_________^
546 Posts
wait are you replacing the cover or the whole thing? if you are just replacing the cover, then might as well cut into that SOB since you probably wont need it anymore

·
^_________^
546 Posts
well if you are jus replacing the the cover thing, and if you dont want to hack it, then try removing the center console and try and remove the ebrake from the housing.

·
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
thanks guys for all the help i figured it out though you dun have to cut the whole thing out just cut it where the handle meets the boot. that way all you would have to do is just slide it off and on when you please. the ebay e-brake handle doesnt fit because there our handle is almost oval in shape versus the ebay one being round. with a few modifications i can get it to happen. haha. thanks again

1 - 17 of 17 Posts