Accord V6 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello everyone,

i plan on buying some used light wheels. HOwever, the offset if off than the usual +43. I drive an accord V6, 6 Gen. The new wheels offset is 37mm or 47mm. The question is, can i somehow fit these wheels on my car? the lugs pattern fits, but the offset is weird. Help, please. The seller needs these wheels gone ASAP, so i have to act fast. Thanks guys and gals for all the help.

Joce

·
Registered
7,309 Posts
Limit7355 said:
hello everyone,

i plan on buying some used light wheels. HOwever, the offset if off than the usual +43. I drive an accord V6, 6 Gen. The new wheels offset is 37mm or 47mm. The question is, can i somehow fit these wheels on my car? the lugs pattern fits, but the offset is weird. Help, please. The seller needs these wheels gone ASAP, so i have to act fast. Thanks guys and gals for all the help.

Joce
First of all is the offset 37 or 47? Thats a big difference

Second how wide are the wheels?

Third do you have a coupe or sedan?

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Accord_V6_400m said:
First of all is the offset 37 or 47? Thats a big difference

Second how wide are the wheels?

Third do you have a coupe or sedan?

the seller told me that it is 37 or 47, so i really dont' know. But i think that the wheels has the 2 available offset. i'll ask tomorrow to be sure. :D anyway, the wheel is 8.0 width. lastly, i drive a coupe. thanks for the help.

Joce

·
Registered
7,309 Posts
Limit7355 said:
the seller told me that it is 37 or 47, so i really dont' know. But i think that the wheels has the 2 available offset. i'll ask tomorrow to be sure. :D anyway, the wheel is 8.0 width. lastly, i drive a coupe. thanks for the help.

Joce
First off wheels don't have variable offsets, at least not yet hmm.....

If its 37mm, don't even bother especially if it has a 235 tire on it.

If its 47mm then go for it.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
can i change the offset on my car or the wheel to fit correctly? like using a particular hub or etc...

·
constantly in pursuit
4,250 Posts
Accord_V6_400m said:

it could be 2 different offsets, one for the front and one for the back.

Limit7355 said:
can i change the offset on my car or the wheel to fit correctly? like using a particular hub or etc...
if the offset was too high, you could use a spacer. but there isnt a whole lot to do if its way too low. rolling/pulling fenders is an option if it just barely doesnt fit. but pulling is sketchy, and rolling doesnt buy you much space

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Accord_V6_400m said:

If its 37mm, don't even bother especially if it has a 235 tire on it.

If its 47mm then go for it.
wheels don't have tires on 'em yet. i will get 225 on 'em or 235, it all really depends.

·
4 bangin'
2,277 Posts
if its 47, they will deffinately fit, if theyre 37, you could always do a custom widebody kit, hahaha. ask the kid youre buying them off of if you can to a test fit on your car, if thats an option, but im guessing since you said it was a seller that they might be off ebay? or somewhere not close to you, soo thats prolly out of the question. ask him if he can get any pictures of them on a 98-02 accord for you, and if they stick out, and youll deffinately notice (my 17s have a 42 offset and are 7 inches wide and they sit flush with the fenders front and back) so if theyre a 37 offset, they deff stick out a noticable ammount.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sketch o5 said:
if its 47, they will deffinately fit, if theyre 37, you could always do a custom widebody kit, hahaha. ask the kid youre buying them off of if you can to a test fit on your car, if thats an option, but im guessing since you said it was a seller that they might be off ebay? or somewhere not close to you, soo thats prolly out of the question. ask him if he can get any pictures of them on a 98-02 accord for you, and if they stick out, and youll deffinately notice (my 17s have a 42 offset and are 7 inches wide and they sit flush with the fenders front and back) so if theyre a 37 offset, they deff stick out a noticable ammount.
the seller bought the wheels for her protege, and said that it stick out too much...i really have no idea what that means.

·
4 bangin'
2,277 Posts
what that means is for on her car he offset is too low. the lower the number the more the wheels will stick out, like 47s will be in your fenders, 37s will be out, 27s would be even worse.........dukes of hazard style, haha. but yea, if you can test fit them of gets pics of them test fitted on an accord thats like yours, coupe or sedan, then deff do that. idk much aboout proteges, but if they stuck out too far on her car, im gonna guess theyll stick out on yours too and are prolly a 37 offset. google it maybe and see what a proteges stock offset is, and if its something in the 50's like our 6th gens are, then theyre most likely 37 offset.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Sketch o5 said:
what that means is for on her car he offset is too low. the lower the number the more the wheels will stick out, like 47s will be in your fenders, 37s will be out, 27s would be even worse.........dukes of hazard style, haha. but yea, if you can test fit them of gets pics of them test fitted on an accord thats like yours, coupe or sedan, then deff do that. idk much aboout proteges, but if they stuck out too far on her car, im gonna guess theyll stick out on yours too and are prolly a 37 offset. google it maybe and see what a proteges stock offset is, and if its something in the 50's like our 6th gens are, then theyre most likely 37 offset.

thanks for the info dude.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts