Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Night Kid #999
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ssup

I just got my 2 12 JL W6 subs....

which kind of amps do you guys recommand in Sony(b/c it's cheap:D) or other brand?

P.S. I need cheap amp for temporary

Thank you!!:)

·
Night Kid #999
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
bump bump

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
F sony and their piss poor quality products.. ugh :D

If you want cheap but with a 3 year warranty go for US acoustics(www.crutchfield.com). Remember buying online means DYI car audio. If you dont know-how, then you'll be at the mercy of audio shop recommendations and their price stabbings... best buy, circuit city and 6th ave are just ripoffs. JL 250/1 for $450 :rolleyes: I just laughed in the bastard's face when he told me the price so confidently at 6th ave.

So if you're gonna buy online, lemme knwo and I'll recommend a few amp brands and places(in addition to US acoustics), if you're buying retail and in your area.. I've given that up with too many previous bad experiences, in which I dont trust these fawkers anymore. Bitter? I'd say so. :p F retail stores and thier blaoted prices and brain-dead employees(99% of them).

·
Night Kid #999
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the answers :)

my budget is around $200 and i think I'll purchase it by online

I'm beginner to audio so....i dunno anything about it hehe:D

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
whats ur budget??? i go with lightning audio or pioneer
Please god if you love your mom :D do not go for Best buy crap.. lightening audio or pioneer.

Kenwood would be a better choice above those 2.

go check out.. www.cbrstereo.com www.crutchfield.com

I repeat go for US acoustics.. rated power at 12.9volts backed by a good warranty and solid construction. A budget amp that isnt a True budget amp like the one above mentioned.

Another nice budget brand but great power is hifonics at www.thezeb.com

please please please.. even if you have a tight budget you dont haveto waste what little you have on crap. I speaketh the truth. :angel:

Or save a little more wait your time and go into some upper range brands... PPI, ADS, ARC Audio, Etc...

·
Registered
101 Posts
eugh, don't get a crap sony to power those JL's

why don't you look at JBL?? JBL makes quality amps that pack alot of power and it won't break the bank

a 2 channel or a mono (if you don't plan on powering any speakers)

u can get JBLz for WELL under 200 bux

·
Registered
48 Posts

·
Night Kid #999
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
THX ppl!!

L_fty : your advise wasn't fallen on deaf ear THX:)

Bravo1 : it's V1

·
Has a Large Member
472 Posts
p.s. you will regret a bad amp forever, i had a pheonix gold that i was running at 1ohm forever and it was beautiful, eventually i blew it after like 2 years and got a ****ty cadence amp that was "new old stock" from 1999 cause i had no money at the time. The thing used to clip all the time and overheat all the time and sound quality was mediocre at best....piece of doo...save money...buy quality

·
Registered
722 Posts
i got the same subs you got. For my amp, i use an audiobahn 2801q. It gives descent amount of power for a real great price. I got mine for $200. But i would advise you to save your money and get a descent amp. Dont ever get sony. But if you want cheap but will do the job...look in to DHD.

·
Registered
722 Posts
yea JL owns all subs. I have had mines since November and i havent heard anyone elses that sounded better. they get a two :up2: :up2: in my book.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
yea JL owns all subs. I have had mines since November and i havent heard anyone elses that sounded better. they get a two :up2: :up2: in my book.
Sorry sir, I must contradict that ultimate sounding statement.

"JL owns all subs" --> "JL owns most subs"

Check out some audio meets and hear other rides from brandnames that arent so fricken mainstream... just some friendly advice from a guy who used to think like that before he got slapped in the face with reality and heard some phenomenal sounding set-ups that contained "underground" brandnames. :D

edesigns, adire, morel, Kef, peerless, lpg, scan, eton, illusion, etc..

1 - 20 of 23 Posts