Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys - I've been dropped on Tein H-Techs on stock shocks for about 2 years now, and I'm thinking about throwing in the HFP Shocks. Does anyone know where I can buy them? Can you buy them separately from the springs? Thanks for your help

·
Banned
5,438 Posts
koni yellows themselves cost about $450 brand new.

HFP springs/shocks cost about about $400 brand new.

don't know how much just the HFP shocks would be though ?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Lxcord said:
koni yellows themselves cost about $450 brand new.

HFP springs/shocks cost about about $400 brand new.

don't know how much just the HFP shocks would be though ?
u can get the hfp suspension for 400? that seems REAL cheap?

·
Banned
5,438 Posts
yeah that does not include shipping though.

i saw a couple of HFP packages on ebay, you can also get some through hardtop guy, or handa accessories.

i am not sure if hardtop guy still is here as a vendor though, you might want to check around first.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Lxcord said:
yeah that does not include shipping though.

i saw a couple of HFP packages on ebay, you can also get some through hardtop guy, or handa accessories.

i am not sure if hardtop guy still is here as a vendor though, you might want to check around first.
I see. Well ****, I needa find a place to get this. Not a huge fan of Ebay and HandA doesnt carry it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
HFP comes with the springs as a kit. The best price I have found is around 580. Do you have any picks of the tein's installed? I just bought a set and have not got to it yet

·
My Third Accord!
841 Posts
I got mine for $550 from handa + $30 and change for shipping.
thats for the full HFP kit shocks and springs. Looks great and great ride quality.

·
Superccord
907 Posts
egolub said:
Hey guys - I've been dropped on Tein H-Techs on stock shocks for about 2 years now, and I'm thinking about throwing in the HFP Shocks. Does anyone know where I can buy them? Can you buy them separately from the springs? Thanks for your help
how are your stock shocks holding up? Have you ever had them replaced?

·
Long Member
80 Posts
I has s tech with the stock shocks and after 18k miles they were busted. After that I installed the HFP suspension and I really like how they ride. The s tech looked better because the drop in the front was more aggresive than in the rear...but the car scrape everywhere. Now with HFP I dont scrape even with the OEM Lip. If I were you, I would get the koni yellows and stick with the h techs....I only changed to the HFP because I wanted the car to look a little higher...just for the sake of my front bumper.

·
Registered
27 Posts
acb384 said:
I got mine for $550 from handa + $30 and change for shipping.
thats for the full HFP kit shocks and springs. Looks great and great ride quality.
can u link me? i have been there before and never seen the kit available... let me know.

·
My Third Accord!
841 Posts
I got it there about 6 mos ago. I dont see it on the site either.

Why not call them and see if you can order over the phone?

·
Registered
471 Posts
How easy is the install on the HFP setup? The price is sure right on those, and a 1" drop would be plenty for me.

·
Registered
27 Posts
acb384 said:
I got it there about 6 mos ago. I dont see it on the site either.

Why not call them and see if you can order over the phone?
thats prolly what ill end up doing. thanks. i dont see many places that have them. any idea how much they run directly from a honda dealership? or varies between dealerships?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Will s- techs make me scrape and a completly otherwise stock 03 accord 2 dr? Should I just get h techs instead? Im more concerned with performance rather than looks. Im going to add a sway bar, and strut bar also soon.

Will I need a camber kit?

·
Very Inspired
1,069 Posts
Will s- techs make me scrape and a completly otherwise stock 03 accord 2 dr? Should I just get h techs instead? Im more concerned with performance rather than looks. Im going to add a sway bar, and strut bar also soon.

Will I need a camber kit?
Didnt you read the recent post where the guy said he was scraping everywhere? guess not. i have the tanabe nf which supposedly lowered 1.3F/1.0R but it looked much more than that and I dont scrape. You might need a camber kit as my rear passanger side had a -2 but my other sides where fine. You wouldnt really know unless you get it aligned and get a read out

1 - 20 of 20 Posts