Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
darkside / gen7accord.com
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I've never seen a suspension setup settle so much before. After about a week and a good amount of driving, my springs seemed to have finally settled. But wow, my car is really low now. It's DEFINATELY more than 1" drop. Has to be about a 1.5". The front sits way lower than it used to now, and it's almost comparable to the rear. I'm so happy I got the HFP. Not only is the ride just as comfortable as stock, but it performs better (no more "crap I'm gonna flip over around this turn" feeling) and wow it sits lower than I expected, (which is good because a lot of ppl think it sits too high). If I were to invest in the tein ss-p's, this is the height I would've adjusted it to.

The settling is amazing! I'll take pictures soon!!!

·
Registered
841 Posts
:needpics:

I just had to do it :p

·
The Poker KING
612 Posts
^LOL, I was gonna do the same thing.

Blizzard, great to hear that man, hope m H-Tech's settle just as well too.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
yes please take pix. i have hfp for around 3 months now and i didnt think it settled that much for me. i get around 2-3 fingers in the front while around .5 in the back. ill take a pic too so i can compare to yours and see how much lower it is.
also try to take a pic on a flat ground, sometimes when i park at work on a slightly angled parking lot, it looks really good but when u park the car in a regular lot, u see that sagging look :(

·
Stoner Boner
830 Posts
My suspension looks so retarded...can't even tell a drop in the front, but in the rear you definitely can, plus I need a camber kit. I think I'm going to sell my HFP and get the H-Techs...or just save for GC coilovers. I think my car looks pretty gay from the outside, unless you are sitting on the inside then you don't think much of anything...

Back Left Upper
Front Left Upper
Front Left Headon
Back Left Headon

Oh yeah, did I mention my car is dirty? haha

·
Registered
554 Posts
stoner said:
My suspension looks so retarded...can't even tell a drop in the front, but in the rear you definitely can, plus I need a camber kit. I think I'm going to sell my HFP and get the H-Techs...or just save for GC coilovers. I think my car looks pretty gay from the outside, unless you are sitting on the inside then you don't think much of anything...

Back Left Upper
Front Left Upper
Front Left Headon
Back Left Headon

My hfp drop is alot lower than yours....
In the back of my car u cant even see the top of the tire...

·
indoctidiscant
3,790 Posts
jeez...wtf...even a FACTORY suspension doesnt give you the same lowering results. already we are seeing a wide variance in drop...aargghh only reason im considering the hfp is cos i can do the install myself.

deez your lower in the rear cos of the 100 lbs subs you got in the bacl :p

·
Registered
352 Posts
stoner said:

Back Left Upper
Front Left Upper
Front Left Headon
Back Left Headon

Whoa, that looks totally stock in the front. You sure you put the right absorber back on the car? Very very very strange. Better check what you have in the box right now and compare it to an earlier thread from the first person on this site to get them. He took pics of them side by side.

J

·
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
My car's getting it's tint right now =) I'll be taking pix when it gets back! Though I was hoping to throw in my headlights + hid's + hood first before pix. but why not =) Check tonight for pix!

·
Stoner Boner
830 Posts
I watched Honda install it....they did everything proper. I even went back with the box...it's retarded. My front is higher than it was with the stock suspension...

I emailed hardtopguy (where I got it from) to see what's up. I wonder if this could have been stock suspension they sold me... Oh yeah...deez, I have a huge amp/sub/box in my trunk as well...and yeah you are right, yours is even lower haha.

·
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
wow that really is high. Looks about stock, but it's definately slightly lower maybe? But goodness, that's still really high =X I don't know what to tell you. There should be a sticker / stamp on the damper, check the number out and tell me what yours says. I will compare it to mine when I get my car from the tint shop.

·
Stoner Boner
830 Posts
Uh...lemme go take one of my rims off and check haha
Cuz I have no idea...actually easier:
Let me go check the box with my "stock" suspension in it.

·
Registered
556 Posts
I have an idea, why dont all of us HFP owners pull out the tape measures and measure the distance from the center of the wheel (the middle of the center wheel cap) to the fenders. This way we can all compare heights...no more guessing needed. I think it'll be very useful to see what the variance in ride heights there is with the HFP's. I'm very curious about this

·
Registered
556 Posts
i'll be the first to go...

My front is 14.5", and rear end is 13.5". My rear may be a little lower than normal because i have a heavy 15" subwoofer in the trunk.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts