Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
before anyone says "use the search button!" i did look around for this but found no real answers. if there is a thread with the answers, your welcome to close this thread with a link of the page. thanks.

trying to find out which hi flow cat to go with. was looking at alot of magnaflows and at this point confused as to which one to pick...mainly looking to have better flow and to pass inspection, if not atleast visual inspection. would like not to have excessive smells from my exhaust after pre-cat delete(if possible).
currently have Rich's custom j-pipe,custom pipeing(2.5"->2.25Y) w/ magnaflows and going with the pre-cat deletes soon.

would like to know what some of you'll are running and what the pros/cons are on it and what you'll would recommend. and no, i dont want to do a 3rd cat delete, test pipe or knock off cat.
all help appreciated guys! :D

·
Tee-Ooh-Double-Dee
2,701 Posts
I'd be very surprised if you pass emissions/inspection with the pre-cat deletes. If anything I'd think you'd have a better shot at passing with keeping the pre-cats and getting Rich's test pipe to replace the 3rd cat.

·
Registered
7,309 Posts
Your set to the ULEV standard I believe which means if you want to pass youll need all the cats you can get :D you might be able to get away with it if you just got rid of the 3rd cat but the most restrictive ones are the 900cell pre-cats as shown but the new TL-S adn RL using 600cell cats.

·
V6P Groupbuy Approved
2,547 Posts
I actually have a high flow cat in the works. In my state we don't have visual inspections but the smell would be a dead give away. I too have been looking a magnaflow cats but they dont give very good specs just lising them as "high flow"

These are the 2 I have been looking at. I have used the first one on my 6th gen for over a year without any problems. The second one is a suppose to be a high flow performance cat.

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Your set to the ULEV standard I believe which means if you want to pass youll need all the cats you can get :D you might be able to get away with it if you just got rid of the 3rd cat but the most restrictive ones are the 900cell pre-cats as shown but the new TL-S adn RL using 600cell cats.
oh ok...didnt know we had to meet certain standards since its ULEV. will having a cat help reduce smell by any chance??

i was also looking into the 300cell one by magnaflow. any input on this?

·
Registered
7,309 Posts
oh ok...didnt know we had to meet certain standards since its ULEV. will having a cat help reduce smell by any chance??

i was also looking into the 300cell one by magnaflow. any input on this?
I think I'm gonna be going with Random Technologies. I've heard they're good performance wise and will pass emissions.
Im running a magnaflow cat right now and its working better then the stock cat from the j30A1 that I had before. it will help with the smell as well if you have at least one cat.

Random Technology also has a decent cat, I just didn't like the inlet/outlet sizes on their direct fit cats (stock size).

Magnaflow will probably clean up the exhaust a tad better think its a little more dense although I was able to pass smog legally with my RT high flow cat, although by that I mean barely, my hydro-carbon emissions were right on the limit, but that once again is for LEV standards.

Im pretty sure that during a smog check a ULEV vehicle has to do better then a LEV vehicle, don't think they all have to pass the same minimun standard.

·
User not found
430 Posts
Im sure some low sulfur fuel would help as well. Although im not sure if you can purchase that. I have couple of 55gal drums of it at work. :D

·
NBP UA7
317 Posts
damn, the spuncat looks sweet man, really can't wait for this one

I am confident that precat deletes and a hiflow 3rd cat passes knox... and moving the cats later down = better scavenging, slightly better backpressure flow = high gains low end

ps. appears to me that the stock heatshield can bolt up around this too correct?

so for your precats you can bolt up the heatshields on them too... that way if there was a cali person interested in the entire setup, heatshields can be installed directly over heheheeh sweet

1 - 17 of 17 Posts