Accord V6 Forum banner

Should I get a High flow Cat from PLM or a Race pipe from altp? As little rasp or drone as possible?

• High flow plm cat

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3rd cat delete with the race pipe

Votes: 1 100.0%
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, so I have a 8th gen coupe v6 A/T. I have Meagan Racing springs, Meagan camber/toe kit, Takeda stage 2 intake, cat back magnaflow dual exhaust. I just ordered the RV6 hfpc, Atlp Jpipe, Atlp Race pipe and debating ktuner 1. My question is, would I benefit from a high flow cat instead of test pipe? I will prob never take my car to the track, so, idk if that makes a difference? I don't want a "loud car" because I'm older and it's just not my style anymore. Back when I had my brand new 2000 Civic Si my Sr year of hs, more noise the better. Being my age now, can't take dates out with a ricey/loud sounding car imo. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. Thx.

·
J35 _ 5-Speed A/T
1,842 Posts
My question is, would I benefit from a high flow cat instead of test pipe?
Not really. The flow difference is negligible.

The benefit of a race/test pipe is that they are forever. Cats are not really forever, you "should" replace them after the catalyst wears out. However, gutting the cat and using spark plug defoulers is also an option if you do want to keep it forever. This option is more for the visual inspection in emission control states/counties

Also, Resonators are your friends. You can always add one or more to quiet the exhaust note.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts