Accord V6 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure its been discussed on this forum or in the "hid thread" but i couldnt find many pictures with a 2003 Accord With 8k HIDS in the Stock Housing? Does anybody have pics? Im trying to find a descent set..i have 250$ to throw down on my car...so far i have Injen RD cold air,tint,and Magnaflow Catback exhaust..and my next step is HIDS...help would be appreciated

later.

·
Registered
956 Posts
^^ putting HID in the stock will cause a VERY HORRIBLE GLARE BLINDING EVERYONE cause our reflectors are larger than other generations.
Save some money and get a retro done, its worth every $ and will look nice. I recently did a friends 5th gen and working on mine with the S2K projectors/Lexus RX ballasts.
Cost about 550 bones for everything.
Here are pics of a guy from another site, I've personaly seen it on his car cause he lives in Vegas too.

·
7yr / 120K
955 Posts
shon.nv said:
WOW... I really like that look you have there! BTW, 8K is a little on the high side if you ask me. I would never go any higher than 6000K. Just my .02

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
shon.nv said:
^^ putting HID in the stock will cause a VERY HORRIBLE GLARE BLINDING EVERYONE cause our reflectors are larger than other generations.
Save some money and get a retro done, its worth every $ and will look nice. I recently did a friends 5th gen and working on mine with the S2K projectors/Lexus RX ballasts.
Here are pics of a guy from another site, I've personaly seen it on his car cause he lives in Vegas too.

Thats a good point..i just want some different lights...

·
I'm Rick James B*tch
300 Posts
Yo I got my hids in stock housing and they look great. I don't think they blind other drivers.
But i'm thinking I might get new lamps here later on anyways.

·
Registered
956 Posts
Trey said:
Thats a good point..i just want some different lights...
If you want just different light, do a 9005 conversion. You will get brighter, more blue light and will cost you only 40 bucks :angel:

albaughrsx said:
Yo I got my hids in stock housing and they look great. I don't think they blind other drivers.
But i'm thinking I might get new lamps here later on anyways.
Do me a favour; park your car about 30 feet away from a wall on a straight surface and take a pictre, then post it here. Iam not against you or not trying to offend you but you might have glare that you dont know since you are sitting behind it.

Notice the difference in these pictures, stock and retro.

Retro

·
I'm Rick James B*tch
300 Posts
shon.nv said:
If you want just different light, do a 9005 conversion. You will get brighter, more blue light and will cost you only 40 bucks :angel:

Do me a favour; park your car about 30 feet away from a wall on a straight surface and take a pictre, then post it here. Iam not against you or not trying to offend you but you might have glare that you dont know since you are sitting behind it.

Notice the difference in these pictures, stock and retro.
Ok i'll do that. Pics tomarrow night I good be wrong.

·
i<3 my P.O.S.
652 Posts
i have 8300k HID in stock housing but i aim it low so there not much glare but these pictuere was takin at eye level

5:00pm

7:00pm

this is inside the car notice how low it is aim ahead

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
04accordcoupe said:
i have 8300k HID in stock housing but i aim it low so there not much glare but these pictuere was takin at eye level

5:00pm

7:00pm

this is inside the car notice how low it is aim ahead
Those look really good..i could use some of those until i "retro"...whats a good website/brand/good price?

·
I &#9829; My Honda
1,891 Posts
way too blue... go with 6000k at most....

even though you aim low u still get ALOT of glare...

you can see from the third pic... the beam is aimed low but that whole portion above that is due to glare...

·
I &#9829; My Honda
1,891 Posts
yea i use to run hids in stock housing for the longest time so i know exactly what your going through. hehe

but yea...imo skip aftermarket kits if you dont already have one and just save up for a retro! you save money this way and u can get ur retro sooner :)

·
Mark G.
1,333 Posts
shon.nv said:

sup shon.nv sorry been very busy but i plan meeting up w/ u next friday after my exams but ppl heres a better pics of the retro and refresh. Btw thats my retrofit healights

·
Registered
956 Posts
j0bat6j023 said:
sup shon.nv sorry been very busy but i plan meeting up w/ u next friday after my exams but ppl heres a better pics of the retro and refresh. Btw thats my retrofit healights
Yup thats ma man raight ther, two :up2: :up2: for his retro.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts