Accord V6 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i really need some help with whats been going on with my car. ive been getting the car street tuned for a while now but there is one problem i cant figure out.

if i hold my car at 4500+ rpm steady the car will jerk and shutter. like your hitting the brakes hard for a second or all power cuts out then comes back. feels like the cars going to break and im told its not on the tuning end.

j32a3 with around 95k on it now and comp test pulled 230-240 across all cyl)
tl shawd im and top plate with butterflies.
zdx tb
pnp runners
4 inch cai
rv6 pcd and j pipe
3 inch exhaust no cats.

i have done new coils, new spark plugs, went to 310cc injectors, ive re gone through the top half of the engine and everything and cant figure it out.

crank position sensor? cam angle sensors? im sure its something to do with ignition or timing? knock sensors? spark blow out? i throw no codes.... it does not happen at WOT through the full rpm range and it does not happen on the stock j32a3 base map... im at a loss.

·
J35 _ 5-Speed A/T
1,813 Posts
haven't kept up with J-series lately, But I do remember some guys over on Acurazine having a similar issue due to the 04-06 TL-s guys swapping over to the tl shawd Intake Manifold...maybe start there?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I had a similar issue with another Honda I had. Would stumble at a specific RPM. For some reason I can't remember exactly what someone recommended but I think it was something as simple as changing the coolant temperature sensor.

I'll try to find out what it was that fixed my problem and report back.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Sounds kind of like something that happened to me. Ended up being low oil pressure, so it was an easy fix. I assume you might have already checked that so I would also suggest the sensor responsible; should be on the passenger side just above the oil filter. You can get to it without too much trouble, might not even have to take the wheel off.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts