Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else with a v6 Highlander experiencing harsh shifting?

It doesnt happen all the time, but 2nd to 3rd and 3rd to second is sometimes really harsh. Anyone know if its a normal thing or a TSB issue or something?

Also... anyone know any Highlander specific forums I can search for this stuff on? Thanks guys.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Flush the fluid.

Ask on Yotatech.com, or Pirate 4*4. This forum is geared to cars.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Toysrme said:
Flush the fluid.

Ask on Yotatech.com, or Pirate 4*4. This forum is geared to cars.
Its a pretty new car, but I'll give that a try.

Hey cmon man, its still a V6 isnt it? :p

·
J30A1 => J30A5 => K24Z3
4,271 Posts
Is it a newer Highlander with the 5-speed automatic? The 5-speed automatics that they put in the Camry V6, Highlander V6, RX330, and ES330 are known to shift a little funny.

Our RX330 has a similar problem, but after searching some Toyota and Lexus boards, I found out that it was 'normal' , and that nothing could be done about it until Toyota comes up with an ECU flash that fixes it.

The shifting problem has something to do with the ECU programming for the transmission and the drive-by-wire throttle. AFAIK, Toyota has been working on a fix, but still hasn't made a successful one.

·
Registered
474 Posts
our V6 Solara's 5spd auto feels weird, I wonder if removing the ECU fuse and having the car relearn shift patterns will do anything? Fabulous car/engine 3.3L V6 with 5spd, but it shifts gentler yet less reassuring than my 01 Accord v6.

·
J30A1 => J30A5 => K24Z3
4,271 Posts
Yea, my 02 AV6's tranny shifts much better than our RX330's. The RX330's tranny is far from harsh, but it's shifts are slow and mushy at part throttle. They get quicker and firmer when you step on it, though.

·
Registered
474 Posts
I noticed that too. I have an AV6 2001yr and noticed the same thing, the Accord is actually smooth as long as good voltage is going to the tranny. Anyways, the reason I was told about Toyota/Lexus with 3.3L and auto is that the herky jerky mushy shifts are due to the Drive By Wire tuning.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts