Accord V6 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
i<3 my P.O.S.
652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 04 accord and it has 40k on it does honda warranty the seat because the thread on my leather seat on the driver side is coming loose and i can just pull it out......should i get it reapolster thinking about changing my seats too would the rsx seat fit and do they come in leather???

·
registered n00b
2,769 Posts
bumper to bumper warranty is 3yrs or 36k. so, youre out of warranty.

you can try to take it back to the dealer for a goodwill repair, since this is somewhat of a known issue. if you REALLY want to persue it, you could press the matter with American Honda. they generally handle consumer-satisfcation issues in a very professional manner.

·
i<3 my P.O.S.
652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
did that called HOA and they told me they can't do anything about it because the seats are not covered under warranty but i told them this is a 2 year old car and i only have 40k on it i know its out of warranty but all they kept saying is "NO no NO"...same thing at the honda dealer i called them and told them what happened and they just gave me a number to go get it reapolster

·
Registered
468 Posts
The dealer that I went to here in So Cal gave me a new steering wheel free of charge because the leather is already chipping. and i'm still a 1,000 under warranty. They gave it to me no questions asked. I would say try different dealerships to see if they will take care of you.

·
Registered
813 Posts
THERUIZFAMILY said:
You can buy a extended warranty up to 42k miles on the car....so buy it....I'm begining to think Honda's are a piece of ....SH*T....
Honda's arent pieces, honda's are one of the most reliable cars on the road for the money. Of course cars are going to have their fair share of problems, but if you think about it most of hondas problems are all pretty small things except for their transmissions. As for fixing these problems i think that Honda Of America takes care of most of these problems under factory warranty, and yes you should purchase the extended warranty to cover your ass. Honda also takes care of its loyal customers when things go wrong. If you take care of your car, do your scheduled maintenance your honda should run for a long time!

·
Registered
836 Posts
40k miles, youre out of warranty. if this was a bigger problem, they would be willing to help....but its just leather. leather isnt vital to the safety and performance of the car.

get it reupholstered somewhere else (Honda leather isnt exactly top quality anyways).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts