Accord V6 Forum banner

Hookah in NoVA

9K views 145 replies 24 participants last post by  Keril 
#1 · (Edited)
well let me start by saying that I have been smoking hookah for a solid 3-4 years. I currently have 10 hookahs and over 65 flavors.

Any other people in the area smoke hookah?

****Please note that disscussion of illegal drug paraphernalia will be banned. Please keep it legal.

#6 ·
Question: can you give me some more info about hookah?

As for hookahs, there are differn't types of hookahs. They all generally work the same. Some may flow better while some may look better. Height does not really make a differnce in smoke temp. It's really just about heat management and how you packed the bowl.

Hookahs generally come in 3 differn't styles. Egyptions are teh classic pipe. The stem generally has the same design and are generally made of brass or stainless steel. Syrians are made of brass with a bit more artsiness too them. These are generally very reliable when it comes to durablity. You also have modern hookahs which are generally more for looks. People generally stay away from modern hookahs because of the quality. They are 99% of the time made in China. The only modern hookah I will buy is MYA. MYA is known for the quality and material they use. There are the more populat brands of hookahs..Khalil mamoon, Magdy Zidan, MYA, just to name a few.

As for tobacco its endless. Many people seem to ask, "which is the best brand?" I just tell them what flavor are you looking for and lead them to the right direction. Brands are also known for quality, consistancy and best bang for the buck. The more popular brands are Starbuzz, Al Fakher, Nakhla, Layalina, and Fantasia...

As for coals it goes on and on. Coals for hookahs are made to smoke hookah. Do not ever use BBQ coals! Hookah coals are ment to burn clean with little to no taste. There are two differnt kinds of coals, Quicklites and Naturals. Quicklites are easy to use, lites quick and has very little to no coal taste. They are round tablets that use a match or lighter to ignite and the chemical sparks away like gunpowder. After the coal is ashing or bright red its good to use. As for brands I would stick with 3 kings for quicklites. they have been the most consistant coal ever.
Natural coals are more of a pain to light. These do not have any type of chemical to light. Instead you need to use a stove to light. Naturals generally take about 5-8min to light completely, but offer a 99% no coal taste. They also last longer then the quicklites but are also sometimes a pain to break. There are many brands that make natural coals. They are generally all about the same. The main difference between them are ash. Some ash more then others, while some burn hotter then others. I have been using coco-nara's for the past year and swear by them. They are also made from coconut shell whereas other coals are made from tree's. They are also cut into nice little cubes for ease.

Well thats enough typing for tonight...

#16 ·
Question: can you give me some more info about hookah?

As for hookahs, there are differn't types of hookahs. They all generally work the same. Some may flow better while some may look better. Height does not really make a differnce in smoke temp. It's really just about heat management and how you packed the bowl.

Hookahs generally come in 3 differn't styles. Egyptions are teh classic pipe. The stem generally has the same design and are generally made of brass or stainless steel. Syrians are made of brass with a bit more artsiness too them. These are generally very reliable when it comes to durablity. You also have modern hookahs which are generally more for looks. People generally stay away from modern hookahs because of the quality. They are 99% of the time made in China. The only modern hookah I will buy is MYA. MYA is known for the quality and material they use. There are the more populat brands of hookahs..Khalil mamoon, Magdy Zidan, MYA, just to name a few.

As for tobacco its endless. Many people seem to ask, "which is the best brand?" I just tell them what flavor are you looking for and lead them to the right direction. Brands are also known for quality, consistancy and best bang for the buck. The more popular brands are Starbuzz, Al Fakher, Nakhla, Layalina, and Fantasia...

As for coals it goes on and on. Coals for hookahs are made to smoke hookah. Do not ever use BBQ coals! Hookah coals are ment to burn clean with little to no taste. There are two differnt kinds of coals, Quicklites and Naturals. Quicklites are easy to use, lites quick and has very little to no coal taste. They are round tablets that use a match or lighter to ignite and the chemical sparks away like gunpowder. After the coal is ashing or bright red its good to use. As for brands I would stick with 3 kings for quicklites. they have been the most consistant coal ever.
Natural coals are more of a pain to light. These do not have any type of chemical to light. Instead you need to use a stove to light. Naturals generally take about 5-8min to light completely, but offer a 99% no coal taste. They also last longer then the quicklites but are also sometimes a pain to break. There are many brands that make natural coals. They are generally all about the same. The main difference between them are ash. Some ash more then others, while some burn hotter then others. I have been using coco-nara's for the past year and swear by them. They are also made from coconut shell whereas other coals are made from tree's. They are also cut into nice little cubes for ease.

Well thats enough typing for tonight...
Let me give you some input on some of your comments, on the height yes it does matter the taller it is, the colder the smoke is. The shortest it's produce my heat in the smoke. I pefer the med size one. Remember brass will rust over time and Stainless Stail will last longer. If you do self start charcoal. 3 kings are the best brand.

#17 ·
StarBuzz is the best brand, but pricy. Al-fakhree is alot cheaper brand. Oh I get my stuff from my country or from my freind warehouse that he is working on getting a contract with StarBuzz. He sells it to all those shisha cafe in VA like Prince, Oasis, Aladdan, Tarboush, etc.

#10 ·
Hookah tobacco has very little nicotine generally .05% or .5%

Is it bad for you? of course it is. think about it, anything but oxygen going into your lungs are bad. How are they compaired to cigs? This has been debated for years. Many people say that a session of smoking hookah is compaired to a pack of cigs...untill they provide some hard facts to back up statements, I still beleive that it is not as bad. I did read a article not too long about about stating that a low amount smoking a few times a week was showed about 50% less cancer causing cartagines(sp?) then a smoker. This researcher provided hard facts and stated his equipment. He also stated that the worse part was the coal. Especially when the small amount of still lit coal goes thru the hole and burning the tobacco.

#12 ·
If you are going to want to sell hookahs and accessories via V6P you'll need a vendor agreement. Please click the link below and/or contact Dizzy.

http://www.v6performance.net/advertise/

I deleted your other thread because people were asking for drug paraphernalia. If that happens here again, offenders will get a 2 week ban.

#15 · (Edited)
well let me start by saying that I have been smoking hookah for a solid 3-4 years. I currently have 10 hookahs and over 65 flavors. I got so into it, I started my buisness selling hookahs and tobacco.

Any other people in the area smoke hookah?
Rookie, haha (j/k). I been smoking for over 26 years it runs in my blood with over 300 waterpipe here in the USA and my house over sea I have about 20 we call it nargeela in my country. :D

I smoke the following flavs.
1. Rose (My Fav)
2. Yasmine
3. Sour Apple
4. Tripple Apple or Double Apple
5. Mint/Grape
6. Fahkree (This is the strongest Tomback)
7. Vanilla
8. Mint
9. Lemmon/Mint
10. cocunut Starbuzzz only (so good)

There is more, but not listing it down.

#21 ·
I've got a Hookah at my house that we just bought on our trip to Myrtle Beach. We havent used it yet but when we bought it the guy gave us some free tobacco(coconut) and self starting coals. I have no clue what brands they are though, I'll have to look once I get home. The hookah itself has two hoses, is made of SS, has rubber gaskets and it wasn't expensive at all. Cant wait to use it!

#31 ·
2 hose you know you have to put your tumb on the 2nd hose for you to smoke on the other hose. You have to take turn with it. If it does not come with a Valve inside the tube.

#24 ·
I smoke all the time in georgetown or in skyline in the fairfax area. I just got a cool hookah kit from my friend a few weeks ago it came in a cool metal case, the lucky bastard goes to UAE all the time and got it over there for me. I like double apple, straberry, mint.

Edited: phatintegra on the above posts is who got me the kit I did not even know he posted on this thread since he's MIA on v6p lol.

#29 ·
Skyline is in Falls Church, VA Route 7 and George Mason / Seminary road.

There is one in Tyson.

They Nargeela also comes as a Table shape w/ chess and checker board on top. I got one for my cousin.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.