Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered my Comptech Short Shifter, how much of a pain is it to install???

·
Your Mom Drives a Honda
1,999 Posts
the only thing that is even hard at all...and it isnt that hard...is gettin the white cup off of the bottom of the stock shifter to put onto the bottom of the short shifter...other than that it is just a matter or taking out a bunch of bolts/screws for your center console and then puttin them back in....pending it doesnt take you forever to get the white cap off it should take about 30 mins-1hr

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well its in and only took around 30-45 min. It was simple as long as you pull the whole console out. It is allot shorterand feels great......... Worth the $45.00

·
Registered
334 Posts
not hard at all....should take about an hour ...only problem is taking that little white ball peice from under the shifter and putting it back on

·
CeRtiFiEd PimP
1,039 Posts
:smash: that white piece is fukn a *****h..dont lisitn to the instruction when it says gently pry the white part off..i had to get a mallot and screw driver to take that ***** off :smash:

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Use the tool that comes with the comptech kit. It looks like ass but it works

·
Registered
758 Posts
marshallbc said:
Use the tool that comes with the comptech kit. It looks like ass but it works

ok so old thread but reviving it because i just got mine in. I haven't ever taken my console apart and dont want to waste time taking out the wrong screws to get it apart. Anyone have a thread with a DIY to take apart your center console? Again never done this before, I wanna do my homework before I take apart my car, cuz once I start, I gotta finish :)

and from what I'm hearing her, the white thing is a PITA to get off....boy I can't wait <sarcasm>

·
Registered
758 Posts
hondaism said:
total PIA

wait i know of a cardomain page that is full of DIY, maybe it wont shot me how to install comptech, but will show me what screws to take off to get to shifter....hrm....gotta find

·
Registered
758 Posts
jason2713 said:
wait i know of a cardomain page that is full of DIY, maybe it wont shot me how to install comptech, but will show me what screws to take off to get to shifter....hrm....gotta find

ok so found it, for those of you that don't know about it, but its very well known and im sure there are many threads on this, but here is the guys DIY cardomain page of many DIY projects:

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/650229

·
Registered
2 Posts
Short shifter

I have been looking for a good short shifter for my first mod. Does the Comptech make the shifter taller than stock? If it does, is there another one anybody could, or would recommend?
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks Sixspeeder! I wasn't sure if it mounted below the pivot point or not. It seems that comptech and Neuspeed have the same type of kit. Are there any advantages to one over the other?

·
Formerly EPS Sniper
762 Posts
Neuspeed reports 30% while Comptech reports a 38% reduction in throw length. The Neuspeed is aluminum, while the Comptech is steel.

I bought the Comptech because it came with the plastic-shift-ball-removal thingie, a tube of loctite, and the short-shifter adaptor for 48 bucks shipped, vs 50 at Neuspeed for just the adapter.

The main ***** of the install is the console crap. There is a how to on removing the tricky part of the center console right here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xm8b4WXCmQ

I would use the pictures and basic instructions of the Neuspeed adapter, but use your own judgement. Comptech's directions were too much for me to read. Please be sure to have a 3 mm allen wrench handy.

Other than that, very very nice addition to the car. I did this with the Corsport bushings at once and it feels like a different vehicle.

·
Registered
472 Posts
So which short shifter is better? Comptech or Neuspeed? Do they actually shorten the height or just the throw?

Where to get either shifter kit?

·
Formerly EPS Sniper
762 Posts
They're both pretty much the same. The neuspeed one you can either get from Neuspeed.com or Nopi's website. For the Comptech, you can get them on eBay. I'm about to post mine up for sale in case you're interested.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts