Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i tried pming him but did not get back to me, how did he get only the yellow 9005's to light up during the day, i was going to get some mtec 9005's and wanted only them on at certain times, so how do you only turn those on and nothing else..i love the look

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oh so its daylight running lights? what kind of bulb is it? do i have to sacrifice high beams?

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok i looked at the kit, but what bulbs do i use, i dont get how it works, how would i get it in the high beam slot? do i make both sides 9006? i could really use loxllxol on this one

·
Hella Functional
4,960 Posts
u jsut ruse a regular 9005 bulb

the kit comes with a light sensor and some other stuff

u dont' lose ur high beams. when ever u start ur car, ur high beams will come on at like 75% capacity or something. and stay on. And once u turn on ur regular lights ,ur high beam turns off

·
Registered
14,633 Posts
I think the bigger question is why Honda doesn't but daytime running lights on the Accord :mad: . They put them standard on the Canadian models but in Canada it is mandatory to have them I think.

I would want daytime running lights since it helps other people see you easier. Anything that helps people not hit me with there car gets an A+ in my book :) .

This kit sounds interesting. I also want to know more about this :) .

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
♠ 2009 Pontiac Vibe GT ♠
3,526 Posts
i've bought the daytime running lights from them too. i've talked to loxllxol on another thread about the drl's. he says that we have to wire them thru the firewall and directly to the high beam wire because in the instructions it says to connect to the high beam sense which turns on both the highs and lows. so the only way was to wire it directly to the high beam wires. haven't installed it yet but hopefully soon. i've also got some mtec 9005 bulbs and hopefully it'll come out as good as his.

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
POST SOME PICS, or just email them to me plz, i really want to do this, is the install hard, cuz i dont know shiot about electronics, or is somebody doing it for you?

·
♠ 2009 Pontiac Vibe GT ♠
3,526 Posts
yes i think he spray painted them yellow to make them look more yellow. but i'm not gonna do that, don't have the skills to take them apart.

well i don't know how to install the kit but hopefully i'll get them installed by someone with more experience. i'll try to get some pics up after the install to see how they come out.

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
also if somebody else installs it will you tell me how much you paid, im not going to paint my yellow either, on his car it would ok, but im also getting oem fogs with yellow bulbs, so ill be yellow lighted out, so i dont need the tint, it looks better with it but i dont wan to take the time to do it

1 - 14 of 14 Posts