Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
orange county, socal
988 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i cant seem to find a diy with pics on how to take off the cover on the rear license plate frame bulbs. the bulbs turn on when i turn on the headlights at night. one of the bulbs in the rear had burned out so i need to replace it.

·
Banned
4,655 Posts
ya , get a flathead screwdriver and pry the tabs, make sure u don't crack it lol ...shud b a 168/194 bulb

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Don't take off the clear piece!! You go from the inside and undue the wires connecting to the clear piece.

The clear piece is not meant to come off due to weather sealing and what not. Go from the inside, trust me!

·
4.0L
9,440 Posts
you get 2 4" CCFL tubes and use those instead of the ugly yellow halogen bulb =]

·
Registered
134 Posts
i changed my license plate bulb into the hyper white LED's like the ones in the new Lexus models. All i did was open the trunk and looked under where it's adjacent to the license plate and stuck my hand in there to remove the bulb and replace it.

·
orange county, socal
988 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
so you can reach the bulbs from inside the ? wow. this is for the v6 accord 01. can you take pics.

·
Banned
4,655 Posts
wow u can replace the rear license plate bulbs via the trunk? i thought u had to take out that clear cover do it that way...PITA cuz u had to lie down on the ground and look up at an awkward angle!

·
Hella Functional
4,960 Posts
kleptodathief said:
wow u can replace the rear license plate bulbs via the trunk? i thought u had to take out that clear cover do it that way...PITA cuz u had to lie down on the ground and look up at an awkward angle!
Psst... why didn't you just open up your trunk? lol

I think you can remove the lens pretty easily by pushing it to the right, where it just snaps off and comes out.

·
Registered
134 Posts
yes, i hope we're on the same page here. I'm talking about the sedan, cuz i dunno how it works for the coupe. But i didnt even budge that clear plastic thing, all i did was open the trunk and look under it. I saw the openings and stuck my hand in there..... DONE!

·
Registered
397 Posts
OMG dude its pretty easy. why not actually go, play around and learn! Not having a go at you, but common sense is useful sometimes.

·
Banned
4,655 Posts
its still kinda cold in toronto on april6!!! -11 celcius with the windchill! so i'll have to check my rear bulbs another day since i don't have a warm heated garage :(

·
orange county, socal
988 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
mine is a coupe.

i wouldnt think i would need to remove the rear bumper to just replace a light bulb in the license plate area. so honda must have made it a bit more easier to replace.

·
orange county, socal
988 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i still didnt get a clear answer on how to take off the cover for the license plate light. anyone else?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts