Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yo, i'm thinking about buying a pair of 10's (alpine) and a sony xplode amp from a friend of a friend and i was wondering if there is any way i can test the amp to see if it works and make sure the speakers aren't blown. i called best buy and dude said i could use a multi-meter for the speakers and i don't know what he said about the amp, he wasn't real clear about it. so do you have any other suggestions? thanks.

·
Registered
3,315 Posts
Err.. for the speakers, just plain old testing resistance isnt really very accurite, prety much the best and only way is to just hook the amp up to the speakers and run it off a car, or one of those jump start packs... Testing the resistance of a speaker is only going to tell you if its dead (open voice coil) or hardcore fried (low resistance) but a 4 ohm speaker can measure from 3 to 5 ohm and be normal if you want to go ahead that way. The amp prety much has to be tested under a load to make sure its good, so a car is the best way to go. If hes your friend and you want it, just ghetto install it and if it works good, buy it...

E

1 - 5 of 5 Posts