Accord V6 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
4,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i got this aftermarket ebrake handle but it too small to slip over the oem honda ebrake handle...it says to 'trim' it..wats the best way to trim the handle? do i remove ALL of the vinyl or just shave off some till the aftermarket fits? i don't wanna mess up the ebrake function on the car... thanx if u have any suggestions...

·
Registered
655 Posts
I think you are supposed to remove the plastic cover/handle and put the new one on. Thats what i did, and it fits perfectly.

·
Drop Dead Gorgeous
913 Posts
Not all eBrake handles fit. The Accord is funny shaped. You have to grind the metal once you get there. What I did was just used a modeler's knife and cut along the line that its glued together. But once I opened it and saw the actual eBrake requires grinding it down... I gave up.

·
Banned
4,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
dam then its alot of work ay aztro? if u can't do it i certainly can't LOL

·
Drop Dead Gorgeous
913 Posts
kleptodathief said:
dam then its alot of work ay aztro? if u can't do it i certainly can't LOL
Thinking about it... yeah it would be a lot of work.

I mean you'll have to head to Home Depot or Lowes or any home improvement store... get a metal grinding power tool. Then you'll have to becareful about the grinding by covering your car with a thick cloth so that the hot metal won't damage anything... then you'll have to becareful with your grinding which takes a lot of time. You can't rush it, its better to slowly grind little by little so that you get a good fit, rather than doing it all at once, which can really crap out on you if you grind it too much :). You can always take it to a good car mod shop but I wonder how much they'll charge for the work. It definitely looks good to have an ebrake handle, but I'm not going to shell out money to install for something that I hardly use. The only way I will attempt to grind it myself is if I have another car, but that's not happening any time soon :p.

·
Banned
4,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
urs is a 98 coupe tho...same ebrake metal part as a 2001 version?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts