Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay im pretty okay at installing my own sub and amps and speakers and wat not, but the only problem that i have is that i dont know how to make it look clean so that you wouldnt see any wires all over the place... just looking at the inside of my trunk being all messy with wires just bugs the hell out of me. so wat could i do thats very simple to make my setup look clean.

this is a pic from the back when i fold down the back seats.

now the front

·
My car's a pervert too.
293 Posts
For starters you should mount your amps and capacitors omewhere, back of the seat, back of the box, something. The second thing is to then cut off all of the excess wire, this will be a massive improvement. Finally use zip ties and wire loom to cover the wire giving it that final touch. Good Luck.

·
what's cracking?
357 Posts
probably you would need to build an amp rack so it'll look nice. here's my amp rack:

and to hide most of the wires i made a board that runs across the trunk behind my wall to hide the wires under the board:

here's wire on other side:

no wires on the other side w/ the board:

If an amp rack is out of the question, install the amps under your seat and your trunk will almost be free of wires.

·
Registered
172 Posts
You definately nedd to make an amp rack. It will look so clean like the example in post #6. They are very easy to make, just some wood and carpet..

·
Registered
411 Posts
Spazzokid said:
For starters you should mount your amps and capacitors omewhere, back of the seat, back of the box, something. The second thing is to then cut off all of the excess wire, this will be a massive improvement. Finally use zip ties and wire loom to cover the wire giving it that final touch. Good Luck.
:iagree:

rocking the w3"v1" i see :D

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
dude i dont even kno if i could even make my own amp rack n stuff cuz im a noob like that..... i dont think i even know how to make an amp rack even if my life depened on it since i suck at all that carpenter stuff and my box isnt that big enough that i could hide everything behind it....... and plus i heard that its not good to place amps on the side or top of boxes cuz it might ruin the internal parts inside the amp cuz of the sub bumping all the time. but where else would be a good spot to place amps and caps and wires..... post up more pics if you have a pretty clean setup and your noob like me

·
what's cracking?
357 Posts
my rack was the first time i ever attempted to do an amp rack. even though i don't claim to be an expert but i think i did an okay job. trust me, i give noobs some hope:).

also yea its possible to hurt the internals of an amp but only if you do it wrong. check out this link, http://www.bcae1.com/amplfier.htm. middle of page explains the correct placement of an amp on a box.

also any chance you can install those amps under the seat? like i said, you'll be almost free of wires in the trunk.

·
MASTER OF MAYHEM
822 Posts
Get another sub and a bigger box and you can do something like mine amp rack, it was cheap, about 20 bucks, is simple, and took about an hour, nothing fancy here. YOU dont have to be good at building stuff, thats what friends are for!!! All the wires are underneath the plywood the rack is made of, just drill holes to bring your wires through.

·
constantly in pursuit
4,250 Posts
Spazzokid said:
the proverbial nail on the head

·
Registered
751 Posts
where is the easiest place to run a 4 guage wire through the firewall in a 6th gen coupe? need help! thats the only thing holding my install bacl

·
Registered
796 Posts
wg2k7 said:
where is the easiest place to run a 4 guage wire through the firewall in a 6th gen coupe? need help! thats the only thing holding my install bacl
You might need to drill and use a rubber grommet. The easiest way to clean up wires is to do them one at a time in and orderly manner and use wire management(cable ties , wire loom,grommets, cabe tie down backs.

1 - 20 of 98 Posts