Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
indoctidiscant
3,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
apart from feathering the clutch or being easier on the throttle, what options are available for reducing wheel/axle hop?

·
v6p gangster
2,499 Posts
Suspension upgrade... Its something a lot of car tuners overlook... WE have a 11 second integra that has never broken an axle, only because he redid his whole suspension and it minimized wheel hop..

·
Registered
74 Posts
PFizzle said:
Suspension upgrade... Its something a lot of car tuners overlook... WE have a 11 second integra that has never broken an axle, only because he redid his whole suspension and it minimized wheel hop..
:yes: People assume that my car is just a lowered cruiser, but I have every single suspension modification that the aftermarket industry has to offer for my car.

Unless I badly mess up the launch, I don't get wheel hops. Just minimal wheel spin, grab traction and out of the hole.

If you're having trouble with excessive wheel hop, then try traction bars. They stiffen up the chassis to reduce wheel hop.

This one is for the Integra, but you can search online to see if they make any for whatever car you have. If there is no kit available, then any reputable tuning shop should be able to custom fit them for ya. Good luck.

http://www.modacar.com/products/Acura/Integra/MODATRB/

1 - 5 of 5 Posts