Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
Getting the strip out is the easy part. The only thing that I find would be a pain in the *** is sealing the headlamp back to where you don't get condensation in there. Well to seal it and make it look show quality. I guess you could use clear caulking around any holes drilled and just be clean about it?

·
4.0L
9,440 Posts
^^ you don't have to worry about that. If you were to mount LEDs in that lower strip area...you would only have to deal with headlight bezel. All the wires coming from that would be plugged into the stock parking light harness. You don't have to drill any holes into the outer housing of the headlight...therefore you wouldn't have to worry about sealing those up.

The job would be opening the headlights, mounting the LEDs (I wouldn't suggest using those ordinary peanut LEDs), wiring them all up to where they won't blow with 14v max (when you start your car), seal up the headlight, plug the wires into the stock parking light harness, and then plug the harness into the headlight (just to seal up that hole where the old bulb used to be.

·
... Honda is bliss ...
792 Posts
They have flexable CCFLs. I'll find a link and post.

·
Vimal (vee-mall)
4,418 Posts
i have some flexible LED stripes that im in the process of putting in my headlights. its a 12" flexible strip that has 30 LEDs, i did a test but i didnt take any pics. ive been testing on and off for the last 2-3 weeks. first i started with orange leds, but they're too orange, meaning it doesnt match the amber so i ordered some yellow led strips instead and im still waiting for those to get in. i also did the white CCFL tube light and it looks damn good if you're not going to used the amber stripe again, but if you are like i want to, that white light is soo bright that it makes the amber look like a pale yellow, which is not cool. im hoping to get my yellow LEDs in my next week and if i do, then i'll mount them up and post pics. im hoping that the yellow leds shining through the amber stripe will keep it looking an amberish color, if it's a little off i dont care but the orange was really strong orange, almost red and we'd get a fat ticket for having "red" lights in front.

·
... Honda is bliss ...
792 Posts
Those will probably be illegal in California.

·
Vimal (vee-mall)
4,418 Posts
^ i dont see why they would be, they're white which is an acceptable color in front. im putting 30 yellow LEDs behind the amber strip so i stay legal too and hopefully they'll match the stock amber corner bulb enough.

·
... Honda is bliss ...
792 Posts
They would be illegal because of distraction. In CA, you're not allowed to have any neons on the exterior of the car.

·
Supernova m33
394 Posts
i think the law specifically states neon. ccfl is not technically neon. might be able to fight it. i am doing this mod this weekend if my tubes show up. also doing the black housing at the same time. and the prelude shifter and boot cover thingy. big weekend :)

1 - 20 of 59 Posts