Accord V6 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Fast at Last!... kind of.
2,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is an appeal to those with a laser thermometer or something similar.

What I'm wondering is how hot headers get at a particular point.

I know most of you guys drive a V6, but I'd imagine the temperature is quite similar at that point.

Reason is: I bought a set of DC Sports headers and when I inspected them, I noticed a pin-sized hole where the arrow is pointing. Now, I'm shocked to see that DC Sport's quality has become this shoddy, and I was planning on using JB-weld there to patch up the hole. However, JB-weld has a working temperature of up to 500F.

Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
^^Lol, headers will most definitely get hotter then 900F, brake caliper paint has a resistance of up to 900F, so just imagine headers :)

·
Registered
7,309 Posts
JB weld sucks on headers it will not last at all, tried it before with dissapointing results.

You could use an infrared thermometer to see how hot it gets if you are still curious but I would just call AEM/DC and let them know that you feel that they should reimburse you for a shop to weld it up. Shouldn't be too much at all.

·
Registered
105 Posts
maying856 said:
^^Youre back....-_- Great....back to post whoring

isn't it more of a post whoring when you make this same comment after every one of his posts.... he made a suggestion to the original question you just posted about absolutely nothing....
:hijack:

·
xXxCLS bOoStEdXxX
7,741 Posts
tireguy98 said:
isn't it more of a post whoring when you make this same comment after every one of his posts.... he made a suggestion to the original question you just posted about absolutely nothing....
:hijack:

some the outside looking in it almost looks like those two are flirting with each other :D

·
Banned
4,655 Posts
if say for example my megan headers crack at the welds...can i get it welded back or im screwed?

·
v not some model, my girl
5,806 Posts
any metal can be welded using the appropriate welder, metal, and welder settings...... the only ugly part is going to be discoloration around the welds.

·
Registered
79 Posts
isnt it covered by warranty? i mean..a pin sized hole would be a manufacturers defect, and i think they should just replace the whole piece

·
Fast at Last!... kind of.
2,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
True, but if it costs me $20 locally to get it fixed, I'd rather do that rather than spending $50 to get it shipped to DCs for replacements.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts