Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking for mods that wont change the sound of my car too much. how much of a sound difference with the icebox. thanks joe

·
Drop Dead Gorgeous
913 Posts
Then you might as well just drop in a K&N filter or a Comptech air filter for only $50 or less.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what about power gain difference? are you saying the comptech box is pretty loud or just not worth it
thanks
joe

·
4 bangin'
2,277 Posts
i dont think that the icebox would be loud, its pretty much still just like the stock intake, i guess? but i would sugest a CAi or something, they sound pretty close to stock at idle, but when you step on it, youll tell the differece. but i guess, if the icebox is just like the OEM intake, just get a new drop in fliter, save money for something else....and maybe take out the resonator for a little more addition? idk what that would do to sound tho.

·
Registered
448 Posts
the icebox seems like a stock intake without the sound resonators on it. I'm just gonna take off the resonator and put a K&N fiilter in.

·
Registered
735 Posts
you should leave the resonator cause without it you may just breathe in hot air... but thats my opinion...

·
Registered
355 Posts
CG2 said:
you should leave the resonator cause without it you may just breathe in hot air... but thats my opinion...
you're breathing hot air with the resonator on there because the air is taken from under the hood....my suggestion is take that little elbow that sticks out and attach it to the bottom of the air box after you remove your resonator....I just taped mine together...that way it's an extension to get some cold air down below and it won't make your car super loud....I'm not a fan of exhaust or intake too much...so if you're anything like me you will like this...real quiet throughout powerband, just gets a little tiny bit throaty later on when VTEC kicks in

·
4.0L
9,440 Posts
Wht2KAccord is right. without the resonators on my intake...it sounded pretty much stock until i hit 3500 rpm...then it started to sound like a fat kid throwing a b*tch fit until my car shifted. =] just take the resonators off and see if you like it...if not...put 'em back on...no biggy.

·
Registered
193 Posts
My suggestion take off the front bumper on the car and look at the big box under the filter box, look at a picture of a comptech icebox, and bang !!! it'll come to u, what they've dun is no big secret, u can do it at home.

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
The comptech icebox is one of the best intake systems for our cars, and yet its quiet and retains the look of the stock intake. Otherwise you wouldn't pay so much for it. You get what you pay for.

·
(つ◕‿◕)つ*•.★.•*•.★.•* •.★.•
3,498 Posts
^^, :iagree: I love the sound when my car gets into vtec. Also Ct Icebox owns DIY icebox. I notices a BIG difference when i switched from my DIY crap to the Comptech icebox. It was well worth the $$ IMO.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I would like to do a DIY ICEBOX but need CAD program to help shape materials to fit in our cars! I have taken off my resonator and watching the RPM, gas, and V-tech. Most of the Comptech materials looks similar to ABS plastic! So, it shouldn't be that hard huh?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts