Accord V6 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i just got a price quote on the aero kit for my 2006 coupe graphite pearl asking around 722.00 total without tax at my dealer. i think that's a damn good price. but now i have to see if i can install that myself. or should i just pay them to install them?

·
From J30A to 4g63
753 Posts
James281 said:
well i just got a price quote on the aero kit for my 2006 coupe graphite pearl asking around 722.00 total without tax at my dealer. i think that's a damn good price. but now i have to see if i can install that myself. or should i just pay them to install them?
Thats about the same i paid for the entire HFP kit for my 03 coupe from hardtopguy. Id install it myself if i were u, theres no need paying extra money for the dealer to do it when its not all that hard. ALso ive seen some pics of the dealers crappy jobs also.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
I don't understand how you guys are getting such fantastic deals. Last month I went to the dealer and asked them how much the complete kit was and they quoted me a figure that was close to $2000 CND without taxes...!!

·
Registered
194 Posts
APOLLON said:
I don't understand how you guys are getting such fantastic deals. Last month I went to the dealer and asked them how much the complete kit was and they quoted me a figure that was close to $2000 CND without taxes...!!
hmm thats drastically too much. i'd say shipped for the spoiler kit( no wing) $800. Check handa, cheaphondaparts. Sure there are others. But 2g's? haha no way.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i guess i'll just go ahead and order them and install it myself.. if i run into trouble i guess i can post here for question right? :)

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
IkedawgV6: said:
hmm thats drastically too much. i'd say shipped for the spoiler kit( no wing) $800. Check handa, cheaphondaparts. Sure there are others.
Yes, but there's one very big problem. Look at my profile and you'll understand what the problem is. If you can tell me where in the US I can get the OEM body kit in my color for the coupe, I'd consider it.

In any case, the quotation I got was in Canadian funds. The front lip alone is $450 CND+15% taxes. At those prices aftermarket kits are tempting. Too bad most aftermarket kits for the 7th gen are distasteful, though.

·
Your Mom Drives a Honda
1,999 Posts
distasteful unpainted and have to be fitted by someone who knows there stuff...so all in all even if the initial price of the aftermarket kit less the costs you are going to accumulate in the process of getting it to the finished product will be much greater.

And that is the downside of the color differences from U.S. coupes to canadian coupes...seems kinda dumb for honda to offer one color one place and not another...

·
Wheelgap = sleeper mod
3,038 Posts
That's a good deal. That's about what I paid for the kit from hardtopguy.

From the dealer, I think they were asking around $1k just for the kit!

·
Registered
194 Posts
APOLLON said:
Yes, but there's one very big problem. Look at my profile and you'll understand what the problem is. If you can tell me where in the US I can get the OEM body kit in my color for the coupe, I'd consider it.

In any case, the quotation I got was in Canadian funds. The front lip alone is $450 CND+15% taxes. At those prices aftermarket kits are tempting. Too bad most aftermarket kits for the 7th gen are distasteful, though.

ummm, how much do u think a paint job would be. still cheaper I think. I know sucks that ur paying $$ for the color matched kit and not even using it. But then agen maybe u can find an non painted oem looking kit. and really save some cash(If there is one, I havent seen one, but havent been looking either). Good luck either way though.

·
Registered
101 Posts
James281 said:
That's too much, should be about $516. Check with Vandergriff Honda in Arlington, TX. Front and Rear Underbody spoiler are $258 each. No side skirt for the 06 Accords. The front is a pretty easy install, however, the rear bumper has to be removed and cut to install the underbody spoiler, but it very doable.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Install it yourself... or have Honda City (in Long Island) do it. They do a install job you can't get anywhere else, plus they throw in a mind **** for free.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
claw02 said:
That's too much, should be about $516. Check with Vandergriff Honda in Arlington, TX. Front and Rear Underbody spoiler are $258 each. No side skirt for the 06 Accords. The front is a pretty easy install, however, the rear bumper has to be removed and cut to install the underbody spoiler, but it very doable.

hmm for some reason the guy quote for the 2 side skirt too well he quote for the front and the rear to be 306.60 each. so total out to be 613.20

the thing is if i call that dealer up in arlington i'll have to pay for shipping.. and that's gonna be a lot more. this is a dealer right by my house giving me this quote.

so the rear bumper have to be remove?? damn that look tough.. hope its as easy to remove as the front bumper.

·
Going back to my roots.
305 Posts
odin said:
I got quoted 350 for the 06 front lip alone..

haha....yea, i was gonna say it'll cost me around the same. 722 seems cheap...is it just for the front/rear skirts?? because 722 will sound about right and i didnt think that honda had sides for the 06 out

·
Registered
73 Posts
yah.. there arn't new sideskirts for the 06 because our cars come with them. Who knows if the 03-05 will fit.. I think it might, but I like the stock sideskirts anyway.

It might be worth it to get it shipped from the TX dealer.. maybe I can try to get a price match.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts