Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I've been pretty much convinced not to buy the $100 coilovers sold on ebay so I'm looking for a set of cheap or used springs. I'm not sure how much to lower the car, here are the stipulations:
Car will have 18's and a body kit
Car will have factory shocks which will probably be dead in a month or two.
Don't need a super comfortable ride, will only have the car a couple months.
Looking to lessen the wheel gap but don't need the front of the car 2" off the ground.

Thanks everybody.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Eibach Pro-Kits are probably your best bet

·
Registered
43 Posts
There is a pro-kit thread going on currently.

http://www.v6performance.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=38733#post38733

The best price I found for the Pro-kit was through Toby (Ei-ccord). He works for Eibach and I bought a new Pro-kit from him for $160.
If you are SoCal local, you can also have him do the install for $60, otherwise I am sure if you pay for shipping, he will ship 'em out to ya.
Not sure about cost of other Eibach stuff, but I am sure he can get a damn good deal on that as well.

·
Registered
475 Posts
yeah Toby (Ei-ccord) is definitely the guy to go through for anything Eibach
cool guy, easy to work with and well trusted
plus he gets the springs at price

·
Registered
475 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
If you're going to only keep the car a few months, then why are you dumping money for a body kit, rims, and springs? Thats just a waist of money, and what you put into your car will only add 1/4 of how much you spent modifying your car to the total sales price.

Also, nothing against used springs, but why would you spend so much on rims and a kit to get used or cheap springs? Might as well get NEW and QUALITY springs. For 18'' i recommend the Eibach Prokits that do a 1.4'' drop front and back. I gaurantee you they will not sag over time. I dont care who says Neuspeed Sportlines are good, but do not waist your money on them. NightOwl had them and said they sucked. My friends own a performance shop and tell me they definatly sag over time (instead of their 1.75'' drop its really close to 2'' over a year). Not to mention the neuspeed sportlines are horrible at ride comfort. Your probably already going to have to get a camber kit b/c of your 18'' wheels alone. Eibachs will make your ride more comfy (closer to stock springs then anything else) and will lower your wheel gap enough for 18''s. You also dont really have to worry about upgrading your shocks unless you want too. If you want shocks, i recommend Koni Yellows (they go great with the prokits) , or if you're tight on money Tokiko Blues are fine. If you drop low with 18''s then you better have some thin tires or else you better get used to hearing the tire rub up against the fender wall when you turn or have people sitting in the back seats.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts