Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Although Ive searched, everyone seems to think when the question comes up people want to put stock TL exhaust on accord. I know its like 95% the same, but I want to know if its worth the trouble to modify this:

Tsudo 2004-2008 Acura TL Axle Cat back Exhaust Muffler | eBay

to work on my 04 accord v6. $480 is very reasonable for mandrel bent 2.5 stainless, and from what I have read it is well liked. However the one for the accord has the two large cannons which I despise. I could get that and put different mufflers on, but I figured it may be better to get this and modify it since it has the mufflers I like. Any help is greatly appreciated!

·
James
1,094 Posts
seems reasonable. I'm not too sure though I have an i4 *shrugs*

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I didnt say I was going to do it, I was asking what needed to be done, ha! However I got quoted so much for a custom 2.5in, that if I buy this plus $100 to properly make it fit, it is still cheaper. Ill do more research before I decide to go ahead.

·
James
1,094 Posts
What about for a sedan, just curious though, still rocking the i4

·
Registered
333 Posts
My custom 3 inch exhaust was 80 bucks plus mufflers... So 330 total

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I want stainless steel and mandrel bends. I know it can be done cheaper but its around 750 for what I want. Im thinking I will just get the exhaust with the evo2 style mufflers and have the exhaust shop to cut off the mufflers and straight pipe it with 3.5in tips. Maybe I would add another resonator or flowmaster 10 series to it under the car if that was too loud.

·
Registered
4,828 Posts
I wouldn't recommend Flowmaster. Ironically, they don't flow very well and drone quite a bit. I'd go with Magnaflow, Vibrant, or Aero if you wanted to rid of any resonance. The 'universal' Magnaflows are straight through as are the Vibrants. The AR25 or 30 is supposedly very good as well from Aero Turbine.

·
Registered
333 Posts
But it was probably made with crush bends and cheap mild aluminized or mild steel.
yes with crush bends but there isnt anywhere remotely near here with mandrel bender I also got yo bring my own mufflers wich I got a magnaflow 30'in reso and a flowmaster hush power turndown muffler and it sounds good

1 - 14 of 14 Posts