Discussion Starter #1
How much will it cost to install...

Front ingalls camber kit
Rear ingalls camber kit
Front TL sway bar
Rear TL sway bar

and @ where?

or anyone can do that for me?
how much will it costfor you to do it for me?
PM me!

·
Registered
60 Posts
You can install the TL rear sway bar in about 20 minutes even if you have NEVER worked on a car.

Why would you want to install the TL front sway bar? Our cars understeer like pigs and having this would defeat the oversteer gain you would get from the rear bar.

The other stuff I'm not really sure about install costs on.

1,221 Posts
CBRich said:
You can install the TL rear sway bar in about 20 minutes even if you have NEVER worked on a car.

Why would you want to install the TL front sway bar? Our cars understeer like pigs and having this would defeat the oversteer gain you would get from the rear bar.

The other stuff I'm not really sure about install costs on.
ehh it doesn't understeer that bad... the thing i hate is the snap oversteer. i would install the front tl sway too... just cuz i wouldn't want any more of that scary snap oversteer. just my opinion...

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
you know where i can install these stuff?
and how much will it cost?
are you in LA?
wanna help me out?

·
346hp/300tq @ 4psi
3,014 Posts
i have the TL front sway bar and felt a HUGE difference in the way my car handles, but it was installed in tandem with my 05 TL 6spd w/ LSD transmission, so i could be feeling that more than anything. it seems like the more i gas it around the turn the better it grips.

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
do you think $270 is fair to install all
Front ingalls camber kit
Rear ingalls camber kit
Front TL sway bar
and Rear TL sway bar

·
Registered
91 Posts
nicepeta said:
do you think $270 is fair to install all
Front ingalls camber kit
Rear ingalls camber kit
Front TL sway bar
and Rear TL sway bar
I think that's too much. Front TL sway bar is the most difficult part and is not that hard actually. Rear sway would take less than 20 minutes if the car is on a lift. Camber kit shouldn't take more than 30 minutes for both left and right.

I wouldn't pay more than $100 without alignment.

And front sway bar will reduce front body roll. Yes it will induce understeer but will reduce body roll for sure. 20mm alone is like pushing it to oversteer actually.

1,221 Posts
nicepeta said:
you know where i can install these stuff?
and how much will it cost?
are you in LA?
wanna help me out?
naw i'm not in LA, sorry. :(
I would totally help if I was though. I'm sure someone here would help you...

·
Registered
461 Posts
imnotmatt1189 said:
naw i'm not in LA, sorry. :(
I would totally help if I was though. I'm sure someone here would help you...
imnotmatt; are you in Stockton? Is that really SoCal? You're above the bay!

Anyways, I think you should take up installing all of these components with a friend in his garage (if you don't have the tools necessary). This is really simple stuff to install...

·
1,576 Posts
i got quoted 150 for my front n rear camber install. im gonna try to do the rear myself and get the front installed from a professional since its a balljoint.

·
Mirage Representative
2,581 Posts
I have no idea how you SoCal folks get dirt cheap mechanical prices. Comptech Swaybars are a 2 hour install according to the instructions. $270 is definately a fair deal to me when it's for swaybars and both front/rear camber kits. That's three hours of work at the general $90-100 an hour work for most mechanics up here. Ei-ccord used to do work for what was comparitively cheap compared to dealer/shop mechanics, you should give him a ring. His contact info should be on his website at http://www.custom-mania.com . Tell him V6P sent you.

·
oSCaR
4,919 Posts
where are you located? why dont you swing by C&C Auto? or give them a call and ask Alan for a quote... just say a bunch of members on V6P sent you there, lol.

I had my front and rear TL 6mt sways installed there with an alignment, I think it was like 150... but you have some other stuff so I dunno. Give em a call... they are located in Walnut now.

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
believe it or not....$270 is quote by......alan!!!
@ cc auto...lol
i went there to install my polley and i ask him about these 4 stuff...
i got good price on other installation...
but $270 for these....
just...feel like i get rip off...=/
anyone who knows cc auto can try to hook^2 me up again?

·
Mirage Representative
2,581 Posts
Have you tried Toby? If C&C is charging $270, then it's probably a fair price, as I said. They're vouched for as fair guys by all the SoCal folks, and everyone is happy with the work they do. So yeah, I'm guessing all these lowball numbers people are throwing around are done by personal mechanics or small shops that really need the business and may not have good credentials.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts