Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Mirage Representative
2,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So as some of you already know, two of my Centerlines (17x7, +42 offset) are cracked, and I need to get my wheels replaced. These were the closest replacements I could find. They are about the same weight (0.2 lbs heavier) and they come pre-painted. I wanted to go with the 17x8 Motegi Traklite 2.0 wheels, but when I went to my local Les Schwab to test out how a 17x8, +45 offset wheel with 235 wide tires fit, it just stuck out too much. So that idea went out the door. So here I am with these 17x7, +50 offset wheels, which should put the outside edge of the tires inside my fentder 3 mm [Current + 8 - (10/2) = 3] more than my curent set up. Which is good for me, because currently the outside tire bulge is sticking out a millimeter or two.

Close-up

On my car via Tire Rack's "view on car" simulator.

My current wheels.

So... how ricey do you think the replacements are? I mean, they're not really ricey, since they're being purchased for weight/performance... but the styling has a hint of rice on them I think. Anyway, what I'm trying to get is opinions as to how much flak I'm going to get from other enthusiasts that see me rolling around on these wheels... until they get smoked (from a roll, of course).

·
eat'em up
322 Posts
people are still using the term, "rice" and "ricey"?

those wheels look pretty good to me, besides if you like them get them!

·
central Cali accords
2,747 Posts
Those are nice. Doesn't matter outside, it's underneath that counts mr. comptech! :up2:

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
200 a pop? Do you like that specific design, i mean it looks good but keep in mind you can pick up Honda silverstar 5spokes for like 5~600shipped. But i mean it's always down to if you like it or not because afterall its your car.

·
Mirage Representative
2,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
blackhawk411 said:
200 a pop? Do you like that specific design, i mean it looks good but keep in mind you can pick up Honda silverstar 5spokes for like 5~600shipped. But i mean it's always down to if you like it or not because afterall its your car.
Honda Silverstar 5 Spokes are also ridiculously heavy. Ever since I went lightweight forged, I can't go back to heavy cast.

Anyway, thanks for the input guys, I guess they aren't as bad as I thought. As for "what do you like", I don't like them nearly as much as normal "solid" 6-spoke designs. I'dve prefered they have been true 12-spoke or solid 6-spoke like my current Centerlines, rather than the 6x2-spoke design. Anyway, as long as they aren't too funky junky to most, I should be safe.

PS I hate five spoke rims, just personal taste. :p

·
Banned
4,655 Posts
on scale of riceyness, i'd say they r 5/10 , it cud b worse , just get them and call it a day man! GL

btw make sure u get red lugz and red stem,valve cap too :D

·
Fast at Last!... kind of.
2,163 Posts
Does it actually come with 2 valves?...

They're really not that bad, and considering they are for performance rather than aesthetics, they should do the job quite well.

How did the Centerlines crack? =(

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
how are k1ts's ricey? thats just stupid.

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
IMO the Centerline rims are "ricey". I wouldnt opt for another set of 17x7 rims either man. Get some beefier wheels and get some 17x8's. Why worry about looking "mexican" when its for performance? I think you have the wrong mentality for being "rice."

Look into some Enkei's.

·
Registered
7,309 Posts
maying856 said:
Still at it eh nick :p

Btw, did u ever get your NSX wheels?
Nah I found out that the setup that I wanted actually had 17x9 in the rear and that was too wide as compared to the 16 and 17" setup on the older models that had 17x8.5 +60mm rear wheels and would be great but styling wise they're not as good.

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
Accord_V6_400m said:
Nah I found out that the setup that I wanted actually had 17x9 in the rear and that was too wide as compared to the 16 and 17" setup on the older models that had 17x8.5 +60mm rear wheels and would be great but styling wise they're not as good.
Bummer, so youre just gonna stick with ur current setup?

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Those wheels not ricey at all imo, but if you looking for stronger and lighter wheels you should look into Enkei RPF1 those are super light and strong for being a cast wheel...

1 - 20 of 34 Posts